Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 1999nick
The news today was that he had a liver transplant 2 months ago.

My first thought was why caused the need for a transplant? I guess after working at a treatment center 5 years I am suspect.

I wonder if he will have an "App" to monitor his liver function on his I-Phone. "There's an app. for that!"
LOL.gif
(J/K)

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Originally Posted By: 1999nick
The news today was that he had a liver transplant 2 months ago.

My first thought was why caused the need for a transplant? I guess after working at a treatment center 5 years I am suspect.

He had a pancreatic tumor a while back. While a survivable type, it is one that frequently metasticizes to the liver.

Of course, it MIGHT have been all the wavy gravy new age cures he tried in his quest to avoid surgery.

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
metasticizes

Are you trying to be funny? As in, "I feel metastic today."

Hue are WONDERFUL ...METASTIC!! (adapted dialog from the Spaniard~ swordsman in Princes Bride)

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It's odd that a person with cancer in his recent medical history would qualify for a donor liver.

It's not uncommon for a liver cancer patient to get a liver transplant.

Yeah, yeah, he probably bought himself a fresh liver on the black market.

My understanding is that he had a tumor on his pancreas. I didn't realize that liver cancer patients received liver transplants? I thought most recipients, if not all, were people who had liver failure from hepatitis or some other form of liver disease.

I would think that as long as there is an issue that could be rectified by the transplanted organ, it would be legit. Hey, if David Crosby can get one, why not El Jobso?

As a humerous aside, if anyone followed Fake Steve Jobs, you'll remember he stopped posting when Jobs health got bad. Well, I guess now that there's a more complete understanding of the situation and its severity, he felt he could again post a bit of humor. Fake Steve claims it was David Pogue's liver he received, and that even this generous gift does not make them "even."
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Getting an organ transplant isn't like shopping for shoes.

No, it's life and death. Life for some, death for others. The courts have ruled that families in need of organs can legally swap donors so that matches can be made more easily.

I do have a little knowledge. One niece of mine saved her sister's life by giving her a kidney in 1996. All continues to go well.

Based on your "little knowledge" [sic], you imply that Jobs bullied or paid his way to the front of the line where a suitable organ was just waiting for an obscenely rich guy like him. Presumably the next guy in line was from the other spectrum of the needy. I don't know how you would know that, but I guess I'll have to take your word for it. Unlike you, I only know what I read. I do not claim to know the truth.

Quote:
Methodist's Eason did address the implication that the multimillionaire may have gotten special treatment, saying the 54-year-old computer visionary received a transplant because he was "the sickest patient on the waiting list at the time a donor organ became available."

He added the transplant was performed "for an approved indication in accordance with the Transplant Institute policies and United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) policies."

source

I'm done discussing gossip like some old bag.
LOL.gif

Mori, I have no idea what Steve Jobs did or didn't do. He's no less deserving than anyone to have his life saved.

Why would I have anything against him? I hope he lives a long and productive life as he has done so well thus far.

You know that I'm not biased against the wealthy. I hope to join their ranks one day soon.

What's up with the [sic}?

I don't want anybody to say I accused you of little knowledge. You said "little knowledge." Hence I added the [sic].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back