Stereo problems on my CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea.

I figured out which wire is the ignition lead and ran a new wire off of that, but I'll have to look into that for a more permanent solution. Does the fuse control the lead or the 12v signal, though? the 12v signal is fine, it's just the lead is goofy.

And yes, I did check the fuse before I did this. it is fine.

The new wire into your fuse box can be the permanent repair. Nothing wrong with that. Or you can splice a wire into a another switched wire coming out of the fuse box. If you trace your wiring behind the dash from the fuse box I bet you'll find out where the kid boogered your wiring. Probably something simple.
cheers.gif

I found out why this car was so cheap. It looks like a 15 y/o with a boner got into the cars electrical system. Everything "works fine" except for the car stereo stuff. Specifically it seems as if the ignition lead just doesn't work. Is there anyway that I can somehow bypass this on a Pioneer head unit? I don't care if I would have to turn the unit off every time I leave the car.

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Pyrek:
I found out why this car was so cheap. It looks like a 15 y/o with a boner got into the cars electrical system. Everything "works fine" except for the car stereo stuff. Specifically it seems as if the ignition lead just doesn't work. Is there anyway that I can somehow bypass this on a Pioneer head unit? I don't care if I would have to turn the unit off every time I leave the car.

The kid with the boiner probably didn't screw the wiring before the fuse box up.

Find out which fuse normally ran the stereo, then run a new wire from that fuse. Then you will still have it controlled by your ign/acc switch.

When a PO has hosed part of the electrical system, sometimes it's easiest to just cut out what they did to that circuit and start over from the fuse box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back