Stepped up to M1 0/20 EP on the 2021 Prius

Car has 33k(klms) on it now, and used M1 0/16 at 10 and 20k. At 30k used the M1 0/20 EP. No hit on mileage, and its sounds better when you have you foot shoved in it hard. .....not quite as thrashy. Not that it was bad, but its noticeable. I have a few jugs of 0/16 left , so I'll probably use it in the winter as it gets cold here, and gets driven, easier in winter as we get alot of snow/poor roads.

Some good ole thick 0w20 syrup in there will make everything better. You really want to make is smooth dont used a loud oil like M1 use Magnetec or QSUD. :p No turning back. They (the 20w50 boys) laughed about this day coming. its here now. LOL.

Some good ole thick 0w20 syrup in there will make everything better. You really want to make is smooth dont used a loud oil like M1 use Magnetec or QSUD. :p No turning back. They (the 20w50 boys) laughed about this day coming. its here now. LOL.
What's the deal with various reports of people claiming Mobil1 0W-20 will cause more engine noise, or chatter, I been seeing this reported for years but still seems like urban legend. I did use Mobil 1 0W-20 in my Subaru 2.5 for the first 3 changes, then switched to QSUD/FS. Ive noticed no difference. I still get that typical 1 second timing chain rattle on start up when the engine is cold. I don't sweat it as from what I read all Subaru's do this. Seeing how the switch from M1AFE to QSFS made no difference, I may just switch back to M1AFE

LOL some people hear it some people dont. I've never heard it but love to feed into a good legend/myth since it is harmless. I have no problem running M1 and anything I own.

M1 oils are noisy in anything I've ever tried them in. Not anecdotal or biased, just plain good observance and truth. Most of the time when I tried M1 oils again it was so noisy my oblivious wife would even question what was "wrong" with the car. I know they have a cult like following but there are MUCH better oils to be had at much better cost. They (M1) used to be top notch oil but not the case anymore... look at race teams these days. I can promise you won't find but a select FEW using M1.

Back