Stem True recoil rope True Blue vs Solid Core ?

Which recoil starter rope?
Also is the DiamondCord 16’ for $15 worth it?
This is for a residential use snowblower.

Thanks

I'd just buy whatever bulk recoil cord they have at the fleet supply or dealer. If you're breaking a lot of cords then you should look at the recoil housing and see if there are any sharp edges that are chaffing the cord. Should be able to get a 100' spool for $20 and have a lifetime supply for all your equipment.

I'd just buy whatever bulk recoil cord they have at the fleet supply or dealer. If you're breaking a lot of cords then you should look at the recoil housing and see if there are any sharp edges that are chaffing the cord. Should be able to get a 100' spool for $20 and have a lifetime supply for all your equipment.

Good point on the recoil housing. I have one OPE and two engines - 15yr snowblower with electric start (original rope and not frayed) and a summer project with a new short block for that snowblower.

Just looking for a replacement and recommendations. For residential use.

Depending on the age I would also consider the whole recoil assembly

Your post reminded me to buy another spool! There is slightly smaller stuff available for chainsaws and weed whackers, but this is a great all around replacement rope. Anything bigger presents a struggle sometimes to get enough rope 'spooled' onto your device.

Your post reminded me to buy another spool! There is slightly smaller stuff available for chainsaws and weed whackers, but this is a great all around replacement rope. Anything bigger presents a struggle sometimes to get enough rope 'spooled' onto your device.

Do u know if ur recoil rope spool was made in Germany? I am getting conflicting information that the Stens are now sourced in Vietnam or USA?
Can u check for me? Thanks

I never knew they made this stuff.

I use 550 paracord or old clothesline.

Dollar tree sells 50 feet of nylon rope for a buck, that would work fine too.

Do u know if ur recoil rope spool was made in Germany? I am getting conflicting information that the Stens are now sourced in Vietnam or USA?
Can u check for me? Thanks

Fast delivery too!

Attachments

• IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 25
Back