Steer me

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the right direction. Starting to look for new family ride. Family of 4 (mom,pop,2 teenagers). Currently have 2001 tahoe that's still great vehicle but wife ready to upgrade. Really want another Tahoe but just too pricey. So probably gonna be looking at crossovers escape,Sante fe,traverse,maybe a highlander etc..Open to any suggestions. Probably will try to buy new but not against little used but used market is Rediculous right now. Will have it a long time I guess so gonna take our time and look and be sure. Any suggestions and why?

You wouldn't stay chevy and get an equinox?

You going to be taking the teenagers off to college in this thing then empty nesting?

Towing?

Budget?

What is the condition of the Tahoe?

Since the Tahoe is still moving, find a well used vehicle, make whatever fixes it needs at a leisurely pace, then when good to go, ditch the Tahoe?

If you still like the Tahoe, and it is wife who wants to upgrade... let her go off and find her own car?

Why not just keep your current vehicle? It's still perfectly serviceable, and at that age it has the advantage of being paid for. It's easy to get the urge to "upgrade", but sometimes that urge goes away once the costs come due.

Ahh the flex... fords red headed step child. They could be had cheap, they are perceived so ugly. But from a car standpoint they have a lot of mpg for the size, and size wise they are close to a tahoe

You can get the new Nissan rogue around here for around 22K out the door. I would mention the Toyota Rav4 but made in Canada - looked a bit shabby in paint and fit when sitting next to the Fabrique au Japon units.

I read thta Nissan is making the four bangers for the small Mercedes in the US now CLA?. Gotta look in to that further.

This might sound radical, but how about a car?

Fusion, Impala, even the Chry 300C. The Ford and Chry are available with AWD, and unless you're towing or need to carry all your worldy possessions and like to give your money to the gasoline companies, what are you giving up? The truck like handling? The ugliness? The "me too!" need to fit in with strangers?

Seriously, look at a car. Ask yourself why you need a truck of any size, other than habit.... Be a grown up.

New? I'd look hard at a VW wagon, if you aren't towing or off roading. The cargo space of the SUV's you are looking at with good mileage. The diesel is even quite cheap, but not necessary unless you do a ton of miles.

You could always go for a Nissan Armada...
A nice, but few year old, Ford Excursion...
Or a Kenworth T2000.... (just kidding)

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd get a RAV4
Rav 4 are nice if it fits your likes.

Thanks for all replies. I been busy at work and couldn't reply back. Rav4 I like very much but little to small and wife not impressed. Someone mentioned a car but we already have 2011 camry-fine car. It's mainly my work vehicle since I drive 107 mile to work. She uses camry some too. About the ford flex it just doesn't appeal to me. We had a 4 runner for several years and loved it and would look to buy another if the thing wasn't so super sporty nowadays. ..rogue was mentioned also and wife always points these out. She likes them. I know nothing bout them but will probably be looking at one soon..So to address use it will be used for vacations and traveling. Towing wise would be a plus if it could tow small boat. Thanks

If Ford Flex's can be had cheap I would take a look at some. I always felt they looked great and offer a lot of utility.

I live in urban "redneck" land. Just outside the suburbs in an acreage community.

It's becoming quite popular to have a Jeep, on huge tires, dressed up to look like a Hummer. I'll admit, they actually look good.

jeep_wrangler_red_rock_responder_1426791299_615x290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back