Steam Power Washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for an affordable good steam power washer to clean my car engines, tile grout around my home and oil stains off my driveway.

I need something thats good quality.

I have no idea what to look for

Please advise

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated

Maybe I am using the wrong name for the steam cleaner.
I need a steam cleaner that shoots steam to clean off oil, grease, etc

Are you looking for a small household unit or a real steam pressure washer? To clean engines you want a kerosene fired unit but its not going to be convenient for tile in the bathroom.
The small 120v electric home units wont clean car engines very well. I understand what you want to do but these are two completely different missions.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Are you looking for a small household unit or a real steam pressure washer? To clean engines you want a kerosene fired unit but its not going to be convenient for tile in the bathroom.
The small 120v electric home units wont clean car engines very well. I understand what you want to do but these are two completely different missions.

Got it. I wanted something small to clean dirty tile grout but was hoping that there was something out there that would also work on engine grease.
I think I understand now. Are there any good small steam cleaners that work good on tile grout?

some time back I looked at E-Z-Tankless instant on hot water heaters in Earl Park, IN. They had several sizes. IIRC they had a small propane model, usually used near outside swimming pool. HOWEVER, they showed a 2 wheel cart, with barbecue type small propane tank, and small instant on water heater (battery ignition) on top. You hooked it to an electric power washer, which was fed from outside faucet and semi heat resistant hose. End result was hot water pressure washer, cheap style. NOT quite the same as STEAM cleaner, nor is propane a wise use inside house, but 90? degree F hot water under pressure might be close to price and size for many uses. Of course, refilling the tanks at Lowes or gas station is a PITA......Just like using a backyard grill. Just a thought!

Originally Posted By: Gito

Got it. I wanted something small to clean dirty tile grout but was hoping that there was something out there that would also work on engine grease.
I think I understand now. Are there any good small steam cleaners that work good on tile grout?

What kind of price are you thinking? Dupray has some good units that will do a good job on most things and even engines that are not caked on with grease.

What kind of price are you thinking? Dupray has some good units that will do a good job on most things and even engines that are not caked on with grease.

Maybe between $500-$700

If it can degrease an engine $700-$900

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gito
Looking for an affordable good steam power washer to clean my car engines, tile grout around my home and oil stains off my driveway.

I need something thats good quality.

I have no idea what to look for

Please advise

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated

I have one of these, and it works great for all things automotive.

https://dupray.ca/steam-cleaners/hill-injection-steam-cleaner/

There are steam cleaners and hot water pressure washers. It depends if you want the hot water under pressure or not.

The kerosene fired hot water pressure washer will be expensive, close to $2000.

The steam cleaner just pushes out the steam under the 50 lbs or so of normal water pressure.

I will have to wait for Black Friday.
Any discount helps

Many years ago, the shop I worked in had an industrial steam cleaner. It was fueled with diesel, roared when fired up, took a while to make steam, and it was an absolute powerhouse for cleaning 30 years of caked on grease and grime from the underside of vintage cars. I loved that machine! My engine was always spotless.

However, I must admit that using that thing under a vehicle on a lift was a great way to get really, really filthy. The unit looked a lot like this:

Power-America-1322-steam-pressure-washer.jpg

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Many years ago, the shop I worked in had an industrial steam cleaner. It was fueled with diesel, roared when fired up, took a while to make steam, and it was an absolute powerhouse for cleaning 30 years of caked on grease and grime from the underside of vintage cars. I loved that machine! My engine was always spotless.

However, I must admit that using that thing under a vehicle on a lift was a great way to get really, really filthy. The unit looked a lot like this:

Power-America-1322-steam-pressure-washer.jpg

Looks expensive
what is a Magnum like on the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back