Stealth TDI & Amsoil Picts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, here is a bud of mine that races TDI's in SCCA.

Like that photo?
 -

More TDI Photo's

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
NOT a factory approved oil. The car will soon explode.

Umm A3's only require 505 rated. He's using the 5w40, but we've done everything from AME to AMO. He's been using Amsoil for the last 100,000 or so miles. The car has over 180K on it now.

I think we put Amsoil in at 70K or so. He was using 15w40 dino before that I think?

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the bus here. First I really like those pics msparks, very cool! Secondly, Mods & Admins, msparks and Pablo I apologize for getting off topic but:

Pablo, are you saying that if you run an oil in a car regardless of what car it is, the engine will over a long period of time blow up?? Am I just having a major brain **** or what?? AR

quote:

Pablo, are you saying that if you run an oil in a car regardless of what car it is, the engine will over a long period of time blow up?? Am I just having a major brain **** or what?? AR

Of course not. This is a poke at downunder Doug! I am merely saying that the use of Amsoil diesel oils in your VW, if they meet the appropriate specs, will NOT cause your engine to explode, car to die, etc....even if they are NOT on THE VW list.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Pablo. I want to apologize for coming down so hard. I assumed when you said that it doesn't meet VW specs, the engine will die soon, I thought you meant if an oil is not approved by a manufacturer, the engine will soon die. I also assumed you might of thinking the mentality that this applies to all makes.

Something that seemed simple to understand I thought I might of misheard something somewhere or etc... You get the picture? AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back