State of California seeks to shutdown EZLube due to fraudulent behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman I work with (not terribly mechanically inclined) went to a local chain here in Dallas for an oil change and got talked into her SECOND "fuel injector service" to the tune of $69.95, and her car has a whopping 25K miles on it.

I told her that's the last one she'll be needing until 100K or more, and when it reaches that point, just pour in 2 bottles of Chevron Techron and fill the tank. Also, no 'oil supplements', wiper blades or other **** allowed.

I don't know if this is what is supposed to go on during a 'fuel injector service', but they removed her intake hose and sprayed something into the intake while she sat in the car and revved it up. She told me it puffed a lot of black smoke and she got a CEL, which went out later. That just doesn't sound right to me. She has a CEL code in her ECU now.

Probably a misfire code, which often happens when you clean the throttle body like that. No harm done.

It's a good thing to do once in a while, but it only costs a $3 can of cleaner and about 10 minutes of time.

unless they hooked that can of cleaner to the FUELRAIL they weren't cleaning the injectors. Sounds like they were cleaning the chamber/piston-tops...

I used to work for Valvoline Instant Oil Change, shady stuff happens all the time. Our manager told us to stick a greasy finger into customers' oil samples so their diff or tranny oil would look dirtier and "needed" changing. But I don't really remember us selling anything withuot actually putting it on the car. And it's amazing what some people will pay for windshield wipers b/c they don't know how to install them. or where to get them from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back