State bird of South Florida????

GON

$100 Site Donor 2023
The state bird of South Florida is.......... THE EARLY BIRD (at restaurants catering to snow birds/ retired folks)

Starting at 8:35 in this video, the lovely Fran Drescher's (The Nanny) parent's rate the early bird specials for senior citizens in South Florida. Pretty entertaining.

I lived in South Florida in the early 1980s and the early bird dinners for the retired folks was a very big deal. I am not sure it is this way decades later.

The state bird of South Florida is.......... THE EARLY BIRD (at restaurants catering to snow birds/ retired folks)

Starting at 8:35 in this video, the lovely Fran Drescher's (The Nanny) parent's rate the early bird specials for senior citizens in South Florida. Pretty entertaining.

I lived in South Florida in the early 1980s and the early bird dinners for the retired folks was a very big deal. I am not sure it is this way decades later.

Have not seen The Early Bird anywhere in Broward-Miami-Dade or Palm Beach County in over 20 years.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2023
Have not seen The Early Bird anywhere in Broward-Miami-Dade or Palm Beach County in over 20 years.
I lived in Sunrise Florida (Broward CO) in 1982, in a retirement villa of all places. I noticed Fran Dresher's parents also lived in Sunrise, I assume Sun City. Early birds all over the place at that time.

I pumped gas at the Exxon on the corner of Sunrise Blvd and Plantation Blvd in Plantation in 1982. I had to check the oil, tire pressure, and wash the windshields.

It was also the first time I was aware I was "conned" out of money. A guy came to the station in a VW bug and wanted three dollars in gas. I pumped the gas, he gave me a $20 bill. I gave home back $17. He swapped the ten dollar bill I gave him with a one. I gave him another ten-dollar bill. Nine dollars out of my pocket that night. Glad it happened to me- good lesson to learn at 17 years of age.

The state bird of South Florida is.......... snow birds/ retired folks)

Lots of snowbirds in Michigan. I cringe at the possibility of becoming part of that flock in the future, LOL. My daughter and grand kids are in northern Florida now. We will be visiting them in a few weeks and I told my wife that for fun we would visit The Villages.

I make it a point to find small town local diners during my travels. When my daughter lived in central Illinois, there was a superb diner called Kellers in Bloomington-Normal - old guys meet there for breakfast and to solve the world problems:
1662036009860.png
1662036184802.png

• Love
Reactions: GON