Starting another chapter.

You weren't too invested in this from a time perspective and recognizing early it's not the right position for you and taking action is commendable. We need to take steps to protect our health, physical and mental. If we don't, who will?

You say you’re going back to automotive?
I’ll tell you what, if you’re skilled enough to handle automotive and big equipment, maybe you should think about another trade? HVAC is booming right now. I know guys that are opening and succeeding running their own business after 5-6 years. Own a few trucks, have 4-6 guys working for them...pulling in over $150,000 a year.

Youd never be able to open your own business like that in automotive. The facility and insurance alone would cost you $2,500 a month for a small place. Tire machines, alignment machine, scan tools, meters, hand tools, compressor, air Gus, impact drivers, batteries...you‘d be carrying a $150,000 dollar note before you ever even singed your lease. And you’d be hustling around like a madman 7 days a week to keep yourself above the rim. I see it all the time, it’s a very very difficult trade. Not saying no one can succeed in it, I’m saying that there are a LOT EASIER ways.

Back