Starting another chapter.

Last Wednesday I gave my new employer my 2 weeks notice that I will be quitting. I have my reasons And we can leave it at that.

I did learn a lot. That is always good but working on equipment and in that environment took it's toll.

While I feel that I am not qualified to operate equipment I can say that I can make them move and I have changed more filters on equipment in the last 2 months than I thought possible.

I am going to go back to automotive for now.

Sometimes you have to move on. As the old saying goes “toolboxes have wheels for a reason” I enjoy automotive but I’m starting to enjoy heavy duty diesel more helping a mechanic I know and everything so I do a little of both and they all have their pros and cons. Hopefully you won’t have any problems finding a job in the automotive industry which I don’t think you will.

My dad had a heavy equipment company/business for 42 years. I can remember as far back as 5 years old riding on his Case 420 backhoe. I helped out every now and then, but it definitely was "HEAVY" equipment! I will leave it at that.
Chris, good luck with your next job. You gave this job a great try, I'm sure. But, you know in your heart what you're more content with.
Keep us updated! (y)

My life story reads like one of those books with very short chapters...I flick through jobs like leafing through a magazine. Currently planning a new paragraph in this chapter...that I only started a year ago.

I went back to a job I had left 5 years previously (and 5 since). The owner, same age as me, was given 5 years to live, and was planning to shut the shop. He did for a while, and then I found he was still working there, by himself ( we had 4 of us back then) So I said I'd come back and help him out...and we got the place cranking again. This is a rural shop, and yes we do some heavy work...but we are only 67 so not much of a problem yet.

But now he's finding it a bit hard, limping around with a hip joint bone on bone - he says he will stop working after March. He would like to keep the shop open, and would like me stay and run the place if I want to. I don't want the place to run me, I've had enough of that, but some of the heavy work is too much for one little guy, I might need to employ someone, maybe part time. My own boss again, although he'll still be around, and really I will still be working for him. I'm a lazy bugger really...but I'm scared to stop.

You deserve acknowledgment for listening to your inner self and showing the courage to leave what isn't right for you. Keep at it!! Best wishes.

Back