Star Brite TC-W3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any experience or know anything good or bad or have any kind of insight on the Star Brite TC-W3?

I've heard that they make West Marine Brand TC-W3, but not sure if that's true.

Star Brite usually makes top notch products for the marine industry, so I'd trust the name. I've used their products for years, but just recently have seen the TC-W3 they make in the store, and the only thing I've read on it was their pamphlet that was next to the cases of it in the store.

Searched around the internet a bit and can't find much info on it. Is this a relatively new product for Star Brite?

Last edited:
I don't know what it smells like, just saw it on the shelf and wondered if anybody knew if it was a good oil.

Why is that a sign of a bad 2 stroke oil....smells like burned fuel?

I used their 10W30 FWC several years ago it was fine. I contacted the Co. They were using Exxon base oil and blending with their own add pkg then, I don't know what they are doing now. Everything that I have used of theirs has been fine products.

Originally Posted By: Chero87
I don't know what it smells like, just saw it on the shelf and wondered if anybody knew if it was a good oil.

Why is that a sign of a bad 2 stroke oil....smells like burned fuel?

The Wal-mart TCW3 stinks bad like half-burned diesel fuel, so I wont use it.

Amsoil doesnt smell like much.

Oh yeah I've smelled the Wal-Mart Super Tech before, smells like ammonia in the bottle and my exhaust smelled like I was burning diesel....[censored] oil in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back