Standing Desks

I've been researching standing desks being I work from him (3 years now). It is very to find one that doesn't use Chinese components. 90% of them use a Chinese base from Jiecang.

Uplift is located in Texas. "Made in USA". Um no they're not, they're made in China and "assembled" in the US.

If anyone knows of any that are made here, please let me know. I've even seen companies say they're made here only to find their order sheets saying they're from Jiecang.

Last edited:
How big is your office? Just wondering if you could build a sitting desk, then make a standing one next to it. Move your laptop over when you need to. Probably too much work though, and I know every horizontal surface in my office becomes a place to pile things.

I thought about going the IKEA hack route. Problem is all the bases are from China. I'm not going to drop $900 on a desk with a Chinese made base.

It's infuriating when these companies try and claim they're "American Made" when in reality they're just assembled here.

I realize it's not the end of the world and China does make some decent products these days like anyone else, but even when you go out of your way to find something domestic, it's impossible.

Any engineering skills? I don't imagine it would be that hard to create your own solution, if Made In America was that vital to your decision.

Any engineering skills? I don't imagine it would be that hard to create your own solution, if Made In America was that vital to your decision.
Well I'd have to source the motor and moving parts, which is where the majority of the cost lies. I don't have the time to get involved in that. I need it ASAP.

How about a Amish furniture maker?

I thought about looking to the Amish. I will take a look. I'm curious if they too also use a Chinese base. Wouldn't surprise me from what i see anymore.

Just called that Amish link and he flat out said it wouldn't surprise him if they also got some of their parts from China. He wasn't exactly sure though.

Just called that Amish link and he flat out said it wouldn't surprise him if they also got some of their parts from China. He wasn't exactly sure though.

I didn’t know you were looking for something motorized. That might be the key component that is Chinese.

Edit: But wait, the Amish make motorized desks?

I didn’t know you were looking for something motorized. That might be the key component that is Chinese.

Edit: But wait, the Amish make motorized desks?
Sorry yeah I wasn't clear on that. Motorized adjustable base. The bases 99% of the time are coming from China. The tops can be made anywhere.

There are made one or two I have found that use German motors. Trying to confirm.

Another source I found.

I have to check this one bc I know a guy that works in the industry and he had found some of these companies claiming to be USA made are in fact using Chinese made base. I will take a look. Thanks!

Another source I found.

So their Lander desk is made here. Guy I spoke with was British and he acknowledged that the quality is higher on their Lander desk even over their Jaxson. (Jaxson has a base made in Czech Republic with some sourced Chinese parts). Guy was very straightforward.

Back