Stainless Steel Oil Filter for my Mercedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the Oil Filter thread here at BITOG I became somewhat concerned and went to a manufacturer and had this nice Stainless Steel oil filter constructed. It filters down to 10 microns and offers almost zero flow restriction, even on cold starts.

I have been running it for about 3,000 miles to great effect. My last UOA test showed no increase in silicon or other contaminates.

Jeff
 -

[ February 21, 2004, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: speedybenz ]

Hi,
it looks to be a well made and practical filter
Thats a smart idea - what is the micron rating of the normal filter? How much did you have to pay

I have used these SS filters rated at 20 microns in place of normal FF filters on my Detroit 500hp engines. A MANN-HUMMEL centrifuge is fitted too and the FF's only become a restriction really

The SS filters I tried were $A900 a pair!

Regards

K & P Engineering made the filter for me and I believe they are going to set the price at approx. $85.00US

It filters down to 10 microns+/-.

Jeff

How do you go about cleaning the filter?

Also, do they make cans for the filters too or is it just for cars with the cartridge style filters?

Santo,

in order to clean my SS filters I made up an air fitting and seal in order to blow compressed air through each filter after it had been immersed in solvent

It works well!

Regards

It seems like a good product especially if it really filters down to 10 microns and you can clean it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back