Stage 2 tune for wife's accord

I don't see how any of those details are truly relevant to the failure, but you are entitled to cast doubt on the circumstances.
It's not about casting doubt, it's about asking good questions. Relevant? Are you kidding? How much experience do you have with tuning modern cars?

Was this a proven off the shelf tune from a reputable tuner or the local Honda tuner that cranked up the boost/pushed beyond where it should have been to..."SEND IT"?

How many miles were on the car?

How well was it maintained?

What is the failure rate of this part on un-tuned on this model?

Good questions and 100% relevant to the convo.

It's not about casting doubt, it's about asking good questions. Relevant? Are you kidding? How much experience do you have with tuning modern cars?

Was this a proven off the shelf tune from a reputable tuner or the local Honda tuner that cranked up the boost/pushed beyond where it should have been to..."SEND IT"?

In your prior post, I think you missed the point. HG issues are not exactly uncommon on stock 1.5T’s at higher mileage. For it to happen on a tuned car that is probably running higher boost can’t be a complete shocker, especially since we do not have all of the info about the tune.

K tuner is what we PURCHASED

In your prior post, I think you missed the point. HG issues are not exactly uncommon on stock 1.5T’s at higher mileage. For it to happen on a tuned car that is probably running higher boost can’t be a complete shocker, especially since we do not have all of the info about the tune.
I didn't miss the point - I get it and sure, this is probably tune-related but that's isn't always the case and so many times, an issue happens when tuned and it's automatically the tune...sometimes it isn't and asking questions is a good thing to do.

I agree that OTS staged tunes are pretty great for the price and effort (read zero effort). Do you have the ability to data log To ensure your engine isn’t knocking?

OP, what a marketing! What’s the difference in price between a stage 1 and stage 2 tune? Are there any required mods to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2? If no, then that’s not stage 2 in any traditional sense and is pure BS.

Stage 1 means no mods; purely stock or exhaust and intake, etc.

Stage 2 traditionally requires the stock cat be replaced with a higher-flowing one or for the two cats to be replaced with one higher-flowing one.

Additional stages require headers, intake, larger turbo, etc.
The way I understand is it's a 93 tune and it's on the fly depending on how you set it. We set it to be stage one in eco and stage 2 in sport or normal mode. No mods to the car. Not even a intake

The way I understand is it's a 93 tune and it's on the fly depending on how you set it. We set it to be stage one in eco and stage 2 in sport or normal mode. No mods to the car. Not even a intake

Cobb offers the same changes using the SI-Drive system. Boost and throttle response, which are variable stock, are modified for Stage 1.

IMO, that’s good logic. Software only changes = stage 1. To achieve stage 2 and beyond should require hardware mods.

In the end it’s all marketing, so I guess standard shouldn’t really apply. :unsure:

Cobb offers the same changes using the SI-Drive system. Boost and throttle response, which are variable stock, are modified for Stage 1.

IMO, that’s good logic. Software only changes = stage 1. To achieve stage 2 and beyond should require hardware mods.

In the end it’s all marketing, so I guess standard shouldn’t really apply. :unsure:
That's really the nomenclature - stage 1 = nothing but software and usually gives the most gain then you get to stage 2 being more hardware-focused with minor tune tweaks to optimize those bits of hardware. Stage 2 really is code in the VW world for "downpipe" and mainly monkeys with the emissions readiness monitors/kills the CEL (O2 sensor) you get running a high-flow cat.

Back