Stabil over dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, 3weeks ago I filled up my gas tank in my seadoo. Next week end its time for hivernize
frown.gif
I do not remember if I put Stabil in my gaz tank 3week ago? does it matter if it has a double dose of stabil ? thanks

Last edited:
I have put 3-4x the dose to keep fuel in boats for a year or more. I have done this for over 30 years and never any issues.

STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer will keep fuel fresh for up to 12 months, guaranteed. Depending on the quality, type and source of the gasoline, as well as storage conditions, doubling the dosage rate of STA-BIL® brand could prolong this storage time to up to 2 years.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/sta-bil-faqs

I once accidentally put a double dose in my lawn tractor over the winter with absolutely no harm. If you aren't sure, dose it again and forget about it.

I use 8 oz of Sta-Bil and another 8 oz of MMO when storing and with every fill up of gas my '80 Firebird FORMULA V8(20 gallon gas tank).

Overdosing will not hurt a thing! This engine seems to love this this dosage. Who knows, 16 oz of either product on it's own, may work as well!

Last edited:
All of my power equipment gets a double does of Stabil and has for years. Magically, no carburetor issues since I started the double dose routine.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
All of my power equipment gets a double does of Stabil and has for years. Magically, no carburetor issues since I started the double dose routine.

This, plus I added some MMO and always use ethanol free premium. Just took out my snowblower on the weekend. It hadn't been started in 7 months, started *first* pull and ran like a champ.

Went to a friends, uses regular gas, no stabil, wasn't able to start his gen. Looks like it needs *another* carb job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back