Squirrel hid 175 pounds of nuts in Chevy Avalanche pickup while owner was away

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A Fargo, N.D., man returning from a four-day trip discovered a large cargo in is Chevrolet pickup, but not in the bed.

Bill Fischer revealed on Facebook that a squirrel had stashed 175 pounds of black walnuts under the hood of his Avalanche in the engine bay.

"I could only laugh at the situation as it has occurred in the past," Fischer told SWNS.

"This year was a record."

Reminds me of the legendary old riddle on Bozo the Clown TV show. How do you catch a squirrel?

Black walnuts, 175 pounds of them would be quite valuable if roasted and shelled.

once every few years the oaks in my front yard drop tons of acorns....the little yard rats spend all day picking them up and digging little holes in my lawn to bury the acorns. Luckily this year was a low acorn year.

2 years ago I planted plugs of Zoysia grass all over my front yard and the fuzzy long tail rats dug up almost every plug to hide their newfound treasures.

Black walnuts all over my driveway, I swear the little bugger waits until I open the garage door to start his spray of walnut husk down on my white car! I throw the nuts onto the road so that they get crushed....maybe this might kill off a few rodents trying to get the meat.

Very messy tree. The nuts are only part of the mess.

I think he needs to get a stuffed/fake cat and use it as a prop like a scarecrow, and put it under the truck when he parks.

I had a pesky woodpecker that used to wake me up every morning tapping on my eves, and of course that is annoying and destructive. I got rubber snakes and hung them on my downspouts and other places. No more woodpecker.

Back