Squatting on the squatter: Man shares his story of reclaiming his mom's Northern California home

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Interesting approach to addressing squatters in a home, that one is told can't be directed to leave without court orders, which can take months/ years and ten of thousands or even more dollars.

A handyman turned the tables on suspected squatters who took over his mother's Northern California home.

"If they could take a house, then I could take a house," Flash Shelton of the United Handyman Association said in a YouTube video. "They're the squatter, and they have rights. Well, then, if I become the squatter on the squatter, then I should have rights, right?"

Interesting approach to addressing squatters in a home, that one is told can't be directed to leave without court orders, which can take months/ years and ten of thousands or even more dollars.

A handyman turned the tables on suspected squatters who took over his mother's Northern California home.

"If they could take a house, then I could take a house," Flash Shelton of the United Handyman Association said in a YouTube video. "They're the squatter, and they have rights. Well, then, if I become the squatter on the squatter, then I should have rights, right?"

I saw this video a week ago, Squat your squatter. Good video. What BS laws, our politicians are P_S when the squatter has rights. If you don't have the deed, you should have ZERO rights. More chaos brought to the world by constituent grubbing politicians.

I watched that on Fox News this AM, prior to your post.

Good on him! I sure would not have much patience for someone taking over a house I owned. I would burn my own house down first.

At my age and body condition...free nursing home for the rest of my life. ;)

My brother has rental houses, most with multiple apartments. On two occasions he's had people try and squat. One wouldn't leave after he told them to just walk away (they were behind on rent and he "let" them out of their lease) and the other was a "friend" of the tenant who moved out but this person decided they were going to stay. He went in, used non-contact "motivation" 🤣🤣🤣 to convince them to get out and made sure they took any clothing, toothbrushes, etc. When they were outside, he called the police and when they showed up, they confirmed nothing that belonged to the person was inside, they had no lease, so they told the person to move along or have trespassing charges.

Sad it must be that way
Yeah, seems odd that the police will just let whoever "looks" like the live there, to stay. But if you clean all their stuff out, and put it on the lawn while they are away and lock the doors, I guess it looks like you live there! The people standing on the lawn complaining have no documents to support their claim, so I guess you win...

I saw this video a week ago, Squat your squatter. Good video. What BS laws, our politicians are P_S when the squatter has rights. If you don't have the deed, you should have ZERO rights. More chaos brought to the world by constituent grubbing politicians.
Our politicians and government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels seem like saints.

Should have posted a rummage sale sign out front.

Seriously though, you have once chance to kick these people out and it must be immediately because if you let them stay, your going to find someone trashed the place or mixed quickrete in the toilet and you'll need to have your sewer line replaced.

So, if I'm on vacation and someone break into my home and resides in it. Law Enforcement states that I must evict them through the court system. Lol!

I'm not the type that would be tolerant of squatters. Here in FL, the removal of squatters is the same as an eviction. A time consuming process. So, I don't rent out my homes, I sell them.

The last time I had renters was in the 80s and it was a freakin’ nightmare. I will never ever rent out my place again. 😡

Back