Spring Like Weather Here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 50 degrees and sunny here Friday.....high 30s Saturday and Sunny and the same today. Hoping for a mild winter.
banana2.gif

I'm enjoying it also. The weather predictors say that we are still under the influence of el nino, but historically after el nino we have a more harsh January and February. https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...ervice-snow-lansing-michigan/2462036002/

I'm hoping the Farmer's Almanac is more accurate, predicting a mild winter. Watching Intellicast, it sure seems that most of the entire eastern U.S. has been clobbered with lots of rain the past months.

Last edited:
~67 and sunny here, got to 70's. But the bigger deal, TWO STRAIGHT DAYS without rain. Since end of July, never seen so much rain. The ground is completely saturated. I believe if it didn't rain for 6 weeks, we'd still have a large surplus.

70, Sunny and finally, NO RAIN here in GA. We've been getting hammered with it now for what feels like months. Nice to see the sun for once.

I did a full blown wash & quick detail yesterday. It was in the mid 40s.
Cleaned & Rain-X'd the windshield and gave the car a full underspray.

64 degrees here today. Wife and I rode the Harley to a small neighboring town for lunch at a mom and pops restaurant. 75 mile round trip. I'm afraid there's still plenty of winter weather ahead.

Here in Chicago middle 40's by noon time but regardless I am still cold. I like the other side upper 80's brings the best for me.

Went to ski today and it was snowing when I got up to get in line (first chair!) and still snowing when I left our ski place on my way to get some things done at work.
It got up to about 30 on the mountain, but is now sharply colder and windier here at home...it was about 35 and fairly calm when I stopped in the office and mid 20s and howling wind when I left.
Depresses the crud out of me when it rains in the winter around here...

Typical winter so far in Washington state. Good snow in the mountains and rain in the lowlands. Just had our third or fourth storm blow through last night with 60+ mph winds. A bit of cleanup today but we kept power.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ctechbob
70, Sunny and finally, NO RAIN here in GA. We've been getting hammered with it now for what feels like months. Nice to see the sun for once.
Same story here, being not far from you.

Next week or so does not look bad...

Accuweather says lots of cold and snow by the end of the month though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back