Spring 2011 Looking for a "new" 2 cycle self-prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck. Craigslist is probably going to be your best bet.

Small Engine Warehouse is still showing that they have one new Echo 2 stroke mower in stock...
http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=Echo-3014&desc=Echo%20%20%20Two%20Cycle,%2021%22%20Cut,%20Mulcher/Bagger,%20Self%20Propelled,%20UT3014

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Small Engine Warehouse is still showing that they have one new Echo 2 stroke mower in stock...
http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=Echo-3014&desc=Echo%20%20%20Two%20Cycle,%2021%22%20Cut,%20Mulcher/Bagger,%20Self%20Propelled,%20UT3014

That Echo mower is a fantastic deal. I bought one twenty years ago and if I recall correctly, it was close to $700.00 back then. It's still running strong and has been absolutely bullet proof. For the money, you will not find a better mower.

Originally Posted By: boraticus

That Echo mower is a fantastic deal. I bought one twenty years ago and if I recall correctly, it was close to $700.00 back then. It's still running strong and has been absolutely bullet proof. For the money, you will not find a better mower.

Does it take a "standard blade"?

I would want to get a mulcher blade for it too.

Any chance you have a picture?

Originally Posted By: Pete591
Originally Posted By: boraticus

Does it take a "standard blade"?

I would want to get a mulcher blade for it too.

Any chance you have a picture?

Mine has a standard blade. Not sure if a mulching blade will fit if it has the curved re-cutting shape to it. The Echo mower has a fairly big clutch housing on the underside that might limit a mulching blade's clearance. I know that when I was running a de-thatch blade, I had to make a 3/8" spacer out of flat bar to give me clearance for the springs on the ends of the blade. You could probably do something similar.

Sorry no picture.

I'm looking to replace My old Toro, and Found a few Lawnboy 2-Cycle mowers on my local Craigslist.

I want to go 2-Cycle because I have a somewhat steep yard at places and I think it would last better than a 4-cycle that is splash lubricated.

As said above, Try Craigslist....

why buy possibly junk off craigs list when borticus has given a good link to a good machiene?

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
why buy possibly junk off craigs list when borticus has given a good link to a good machiene?

Im not Saying he shouldnt buy it.

Just giving him an option.

I have bought a lot of lawn/yard equipment from CL, And so far I have been happy with what I got.

im shaky on buying used 2 cycle

Me too, but aside from what might be the last new 2 stroke Echo mower available, that's all the EPA has left us with.

I've found that the 2 stroke mowers can hold up to a lot of misuse as long as they didn't get straight gas poured into them.

We recently had a customer come in with a Lawn Boy he bought new around 2002, one of their last 2 cycles. He was complaining that sometimes after running a while, it was hard to restart and would bog down. He said other shops were saying it needed a new carb. Turns out he had accidentally been running it with the choke on for most of the time. The choke setting is just above the "fast" setting on the throttle cable, and that's how it was run. I put a new spark plug in it, explained the throttle control, and he was on his way with a mower that was running like new.

im shaky on buying used 2 cycle

Me too, but aside from what might be the last new 2 stroke Echo mower available, that's all the EPA has left us with.

true, VERY true!!! but buying used 2 cycle means im assuming ALOT!

Originally Posted By: Pete591
7th heaven would be a Jacobson

Lawnboy

Snapper/Robbins

Toro Suzuki

Any links?

Pete
I own 2 Lawn Boys (one of them a commercial 6 1/2 HP), 1 Toro Suzuki , 1 Snapper/ Robbin and a single stage Toro / Suzuki Snowblower. All 2 cycle.

I am considering "thinning the herd" by selling the Snapper / Robbin mower. Comes with a bagger and can pick up a quarter off the ground. The Robbin engine is the best of the bunch. LESS than 20 hours on this mower. PM me if interested (I will not give it away, but will accept a reasonable offer). I am also in Michigan.

I sent a e-mail to this company asking about details for the echo mower.I was told they will not ship the mower,it is pick up only.

I saw the shipping price,it surprised me that they would not ship.I don't understand it.I have never even seen a 2stroke mower before and thought it would be neat to have one,but I guess not.

Here is the response I got when I asked about info on the mower.

That item is available for instore purchase only. You can go to our Muncie Indiana location to check it out if you are local. If not we cannot ship this item. Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jjones
I saw the shipping price,it surprised me that they would not ship.I don't understand it.I have never even seen a 2stroke mower before and thought it would be neat to have one,but I guess not.

That item is available for instore purchase only. You can go to our Muncie Indiana location to check it out if you are local. If not we cannot ship this item. Thanks

Interesting. Maybe it's freight-only, so they just won't ship to a residential address? Either way, that's weird. We ship equipment weighing about as much as a mower all the time via UPS.

Originally Posted By: Jjones

Maybe it is an old display model, especially since they say it is the last one. They probably don't have the shipping box or assembly instructions any longer. Sold "New, As Is".

Originally Posted By: Johnny
So, how much do they want for that Echo mower?

It was priced at $295.00. For some reason, they've removed the price from their site?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back