Spotted a dealer with a way to keep new inventory on the lot and not selling...

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the truck. It amazes me what these dealers try to get away with. I see dealers that refuse to sell for MSRP and you must buy the paint protection, free ding repair and free car washes for an extra $2000.00. They refuse to sell for MSRP hahaha.....let the dog and pony show continue. Am I buying? NO THANKS.
1664382222170.jpg

1664382268415.jpg

1664382296928.jpg

When shopping for the Tahoe - asked the salesman why they had so many white work trucks …
Said all were already purchased by oil companies and they come get them as needed because they don’t all wind up in the same area

10K$ add ons, did I miss an upcharge for the privdledge of buying it (covid tax or whatever many currently add on). It's like buyin a house these daze... I might geta 'closing attorney' to help me go thru w/it~

Could it just be manufacturer allocations to the dealer, or can inventory only be ordered to with options as specified by the dealer?

The truck in those pics isn’t so bad… but for the price no thanks.

Good thing I have a collection of vehicles that may never wear out. Cripes. These prices are obnoxious.

Looks not bad really, like my dads hemi 2018 Ram Classic, but it was $37-38k all in, in Canada... The Ram has carpets, but I don't think rubber floor would really be a problem? Anyways, I guess some people have more money to burn than me!
I think the only practical metric the new GM would be better at is mileage, but I think you'd have to put like a million miles on to make up the $30+k price difference.....

Real
They actually have a “free lifetime oil change sticker on the windshield“ but also an addendum list of dealer “add ons“ that include $999 for maintenance and oil changes.
It's a free item that costs $999? Sign me up for two of them!

It's a free item that costs $999? Sign me up for two of them!
Ha. I bought in 2019 and the Toyota had free oil changes for life for only $399.00. The small print was that you had to get all the recommended services from them, so you get to pay there inflated prices on everything else to get your "free" oil change.

I refused to take it. They argued about that one longer than anything.

100% some foreman's special order car that trucks him and his crew of 4 other dudes to a worksite 2 hours away that may have been too tired to shower the night before and didn't bother to find new clothes.

I spotted a dealer with a solid plan to keep some inventory on the lot.

Start with a 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 'Pro' Crew Cab. 'Pro' is the new name for the entry level truck.

Then, option it with nearly everything available at that level, including a V8, the $1500 On-Star package, an entertainment and connectivity package, the $1000 Off-Road package, a $600 fancy tailgate, $550 spray in bedliner, and $1,200 in special wheels and DuraTrac tires. This gets the MSRP to nearly $55,000 (for what is still a base level truck). Then, to be sure, tack on another $2,000 in dealer add-ons of various levels of uselessness.

And to make sure that they stay on the lot.... buy them in white, and equip them with black vinyl seats and rubber floors. Just like Grandpa's 1974 International Harvester 1600 grain truck. Almost $60,000... and it has plastic seats and a rubber floor.

Somehow... I get the feeling that someone screwed up when ordering these.... and forgot to check the boxes next to "cloth seats" and "carpeting."

But hey... no one is buying them. Still on the lot for several weeks now... LOL.
I believe there is a model below the Pro called the "Custom". It comes standard with the 2.7. This one has the 2.7

I believe there is a model below the Pro called the "Custom". It comes standard with the 2.7. This one has the 2.7

There is not a Sierra Custom. However there is a Silverado Custom.

The Silverado equivalent of the Sierra Pro would be the Silverado WT.

The Custom is one step above the WT. And yes, they all come standard with the 2.7 Turbo 4.

Reactions: CKN
Here we are... over a month later... and both of the nearly $60,000 trucks with plastic seats and rubber floors are still sitting on the lot.

I'm shocked (not).

Last edited:
Back