Spot the Make

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what car am I riding shotgun? It's too easy!

-

My Uncle has a '76 Benz that has a similar looking hood, at least while riding shotgun.

dunno.gif

The windshield bottom profile, front fenders and shift lever intruding towards the passenger remind me of an early Rambler American but the dash doesn't look right. Perhaps I've managed to put that part of them out of my mind.
grin.gif

Or maybe a Nash Metropolatin, but again the dash doesn't look right.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
It is a Nash Metropolitain convertible.
smile.gif

Did they change the dash in late prodcution? I remember a very plain metal dash on the 1950s models.

Spitty was close on the Brit part.

Unfortunately I don't even know what year this Nash is. I know the owner restored it and won some prizes at car shows with it. Getting a ride in it was great. Not only did almost everybody smile and wave at the little car, but it also made engine sounds that were highly entertaining. For a small car, the engine, mated to a 3-speed auto, had amazing torque!

Has anybody seen a larger 50's Nash? There are a few Hudsons around here, but don't remember seeing a Nash in years.

Occasionally, I see a Rambler wagon in my neighborhood. I'll see if I can snap a picture. It's a real rust bucket, but seemingly in a state of arrested decay.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Has anybody seen a larger 50's Nash? There are a few Hudsons around here, but don't remember seeing a Nash in years.

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing ine in any of the car museums I've been to in the past several years.

Here's a 1951 Sedan. They were big inside and the seats folded down into a big bed.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by labman:

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing ine in any of the car museums I've been to in the past several years.

Here's a 1951 Sedan. They were big inside and the seats folded down into a big bed.
 -

I once owned a 49 2 door. Looked just like this one. Same color paint too. Was a 3 speed overdrive. Got 22MPG and 200 miles per quart of oil.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back