Sports commentaries

"This really is a lovely horse. I once rode her mother" > > (Ted Walsh, Horse Racing Commentator) > > > > " Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan who turned 20 a few weeks > > ago" > > (David Coleman) > > > > "We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start of > > the race, only exactly the opposite" > > Murray Walker) > > > > "The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and > > flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up > > and give the team some brains and some common sense" > > (Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991) > > > > "It was like being in a foreign country" > > (Ian Rush on the difficulties of adjusting to playing football and > > living in Italy) > > > > "Bill Frindel has done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator" > > (John Arlott) > > > > "Hodge scored for Forest after 22 seconds - totally against the run > > of play" > > (Peter Lorenzo) > > > > "We actually got the winner three minutes from the end but then they > > equalised." > > (Ian McNail) > > > > "The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it > > which is identical" > > (Murray Walker) > > > > "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father" > > (Greg Norman) > > > > "Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of > > them serious" > > (Alan Minter) > > > > "The racecourse is as level as a billiard ball" > > (John Francombe) > > > > "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same > > thing again" > > (Terry Venables) > > > > "We'll still be happy if we lose. It's on at the same time as the > > Beer Festival" > > (Noel O'Mahoney, Cork City boss, before the game in Munich) > > > > "I would not say David Ginola is the best left winger in the > > Premiership, but there are none better." > > (Ron Atkinson) > > > > "He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it > > all over their faces." > > (Ron Atkinson) > > > > "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of > > a lifetime for that prat." > > (Ron Atkinson) > > > > "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge President is kissing > > the cox of the Oxford crew " > > (Harry Carpenter - BBC TV Boat Race 1977) > > > > "Here we are in the Holy Land of Israel - a Mecca for tourists" > > (David Vine) > > > > "Morcelli has the four fastest 1500-metres times ever. And all those > > times are at 1500 meters" > > (David Coleman) > > > > "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on > > the field" > > (Metro Radio) > > > > "Her time is about 4.33, which she's capable of " > > (David Coleman) > > > > Dennis Pennis : "Have you ever thought of writing your > > autobiography?" > > Chris Eubank : "On What ?" > > > > "To play Holland, you have to play the Dutch." > > (Ruud Gullit) > > > > "Well either side could win it, or it could be a draw " > > (Ron Atkinson) > > > > "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the > > air for even longer." > > (David Acfield) > > > > "What will you do when you leave football, Jack - will you stay in > > football?" > > (Stuart Hall - Radio 5 live) > > > > "I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona" > > (Mark Draper - Aston Villa) > > > > "There goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and > > showing his class" > > (David Coleman at the Montreal Olympics) > > > > "And for those of you who watched the last programme (Fanny and > > Johnny Craddock), I hope your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's" > > (David Coleman at the start of Match of the Day) > > > > "... and Ray Illingworth is relieving himself in front of the > > pavilion" > > (John Arlott) > > > > "These greens are so fast they must bikini wax them" > > (Gary McCord on the greens at Augusta) > > > > "One of the reasons Arnold Palmer is playing so well is that, before > > each tee-shot his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. > > Oh my God, what have I just said?" > > (USTV commentator Jonny Huntridge).