Sports car designer Ferdinand Porsche dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
“A product that is coherent in form requires no embellishment. It is enhanced by the purity of its form,” Porsche said of his design work. “Good design should be honest.”

The man was profound. RIP

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
A moment of silence.........

Seriously. One of the, if not the greatest motor car designer in history.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Seriously. One of the, if not the greatest motor car designer in history.

yeah the company's been using his designs for 40 years now unchanged.
lol.gif

Only 76?
Didn't F Porsche design the first VWs?
And remember, he had to endure the mis pronounciation of his name for all those years!

The original Ferdinand was the one who collaborated with Hitler to created a "People's Car",son Ferry helped him then.This Ferdinand was the son of Ferry.Now all 3 are gone.

There is another side of the Porsche family, the Piëch family, some are still involved with VW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Pi%C3%ABch

Hi,
the Porsche family has certainly contributed much to the automotive World and elsewhere

A visit to the "new" Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen is well worthwhile and confirms a long history of innovation in many and diverse fields

Porsche lives on.....................

Oh, and Zell am See-Kaprun is such a wonderful place, I treasure my time there

Last edited:
When I first saw the latest design of the Beetle a few months ago, I could see the influence of the early 911's in it. The lowered top has changed the looks a lot. For the good IMO.

In companies like VW/BMW/Mercedes and other older marques, tradition means a lot. Will the circle continue to be unbroken, now that the direct family is gone? I hope so. They are beautiful cars.

I is nagging me that the huge financing by stolen money [from hitler] greatly helped Porsche and also the German rocket program, among many other technologies.
Makes things a lot easier when in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back