Spin on filter for 4l80e.

Looking to add an auxiliary spin on filter for my 2007 chevy 2500hd. While looking at filter specs im confused as to whats good in terms of flow rate, bypass psi and anti drain back valve needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Any ph8a or equivalent remote engine oil filter kit will have acceptable flow, a bypass, unneeded ADBV... for any GM 5/16 or 3/8" ATF cooler line loop

B&M and Permacool have kits using the 3/4-16 filter mount. Its easy enough to grab a filter mount, some fittings, and plumb your own without buying the kit.

Looking to add an auxiliary spin on filter for my 2007 chevy 2500hd. While looking at filter specs im confused as to whats good in terms of flow rate, bypass psi and anti drain back valve needed. Any help would be appreciated.
It’s hard to find a spin on filter that has a low enough bypass setting.
For that reason it would be best to get one of the biggest synthetic filters you can find that will likely never plug up.
Wix xp 51515 is a good size and has 3/4 16
Threads.

So I suppose the order or direction of flow would be:?

pan
pan filter
trans
cooler(S)
extra filter
pan

so the point of the 2nd filter is to perhaps catch what would go into the pan? Sounds logical.

I have a 2002 6.0/80e truck. I run a derale base and a Carquest HD85773 filter. It is a 11gpm full flow filter with a 8psi bypass in it. It’s like 6” long. I used aderale base and -6an lines to plumb it up to my filter and trucool 40k. It’s been like that for 40k miles no issue. I change the filter once per year. Takes about a quart and a half To do it. The cooler Circuit gets the fluid as it exits the torque converter so it will keep torque converter debris out of the trans if it were to blow up

Reactions: 4WD
Back