spilled oil when topping off after oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
After doing a routine oil change on my Nissan 3.5L V6, I decided to top of oil without using a funnel. I spilled oil everywhere around the fill hole. I tried to clean up the mess around the 3 spark plugs next to fill hole as much as I could. Do you guys think will oil slip through and get into the spark plugs? If it does, how much damage would that be?

No your fine. Get a can of break clean and clean up your mess yo avoid burning smell.

It will be fine. I was topping off the Uplander with some Super Tech the other day, and the tiny spout made it glug out and it spilled everywhere. If it gets on the exhaust it might smell but thats about it.

Minor stuff. I drove ~100 miles with oil fill hole cap off as old cap came off by itself, just wondered what the burning smell was when I slowed down at the end of the trip.

Mess was horrible, about 1,5 litres (of 8) had escaped from the hole, hood insulation was ruined and fallen off and undercarriage was wet from it. Never again
smile.gif

A buddy of mine had an old Car, Chrysler?, with a slant 6 cylinder and it leaked oil all over itself.....well, one day it started to really smolder the oil and dust during a hot driving session delivering news papers. What did he have that was liquid in the car to put out the fire???/... a quart of motor oil.... yep , poured the oil ON the flame. It worked.

Originally Posted By: JswFL
Hello,
After doing a routine oil change on my Nissan 3.5L V6, I decided to top of oil without using a funnel. I spilled oil everywhere around the fill hole. I tried to clean up the mess around the 3 spark plugs next to fill hole as much as I could. Do you guys think will oil slip through and get into the spark plugs? If it does, how much damage would that be?

Don't worry, ignition coils won't let oil go down. Just to make you smile:
2013_07_01_18_38_ic_pics_livejournal_com_tragemata_25155229_3130543_3130543_original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back