Spent $400 on a set of newer take-off tires and wheels - 2004 Silverado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent $400 on a set of 18" Silverado tires and wheels (guy had to have 22's for his truck) and slapped these on my old 2004 Silverado. The clear coat on my factory 16" wheels was starting to fail in spots, and it was going to need new tires before winter anyway.

The Goodyear tires are still at 7/32"-8/32", the sensors are still inside (even though they are of no use to me), and he threw in the lug nuts as well... so it was a no-brainer of a deal. If I don't like them, I can easily flip them and get my money back... or even make a few bucks.

I may go one size smaller when it is time for new tires. These are 265/65-18. I'll probably go to 255/65-18, as the front tires are only clearing the back edge of the bumper by about 2.5 inches... and new tires are going to be a tad bigger than these at 60% tread.

These also look a tad bit "stuffed" inside the wheel wells, to me. If my truck was a 4x4 instead of a 4x2, they'd probably fit/look just fine as they are.

Now, I need to find a set for my Sierra.

IMG_20181126_155743496.jpg

IMG_20181126_155808729_HDR.jpg

Looks nice. One of the great things on full size trucks is the abundance of OEM takeoff wheels... No steelies for my snow tires!

Nice looking truck. My brother's former '97 was that color. He kept the truck nice and got a good price when he sold it last yr.

Looks great! I think that's the path I'm gonna take on my 95 Silverado vs buying new tires for the boring old stock wheels. It's about the same price for like new condition take offs with good tires vs buying new tires that fit my current stock wheels.

Looks sweet! I did the same with my '02 but with 17" wheels from an '07-13 Suburban so I can install the upgraded larger front brakes that came in the later model trucks. Already itching for the '14-on truck wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back