Spell checker program and it's FREE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I visit several forums and some have a spell checker, but most do not. BITOG forums is also one that does not have a spell checker. But good news!!! Please check out this link (no money or credit for me) http://www.iespell.com/ .

I have nothing to gain from this link other than to introduce you to a very handy tool I use all the time and you can use it before you post in here to check your spelling and ADD new words if you like to the dictionary. In your browser tool-bar above there will be a icon with abc and a check mark underneath it. That is where you click to use the ieSpell program to check your messages on this forum. Keeps things neat and orderly.. best of all it's free for non commercial use.. which you as posters are not commercial. Your browser at home is your own, not a corporation. Works in any forums site I've found and saves a lot of going back in and editing goofs.

quote:

But good nuews!!!

Indeed.
wink.gif

And now the bad news: a spell checker can't help you with these and many others:

you're/your
- they're/their
- it's/its

A spell checker helps you eliminate all those errors that can nonchalantly be blamed on poor typing skills, but it will leave, and make stand out even more, the real whoppers! Just do what I do: type poorly, don't proofread and don't use "Preview Post."
grin.gif

Ah, I just found out that Safari has a spell checker feature. It's as useless as all the others. Watch:

"Its a grate day for you're kids and there friend's too play in there yard."

That's been spell-checked!
grin.gif

The best spell check program is the free open source Aspell, works with Opera, Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and GAIM, has a huge db of words and is very accurate.

I use a little freebee called Tinyspell. It reads the keyboard and makes rude noises when you misspell a word. It's quite basic, but effective.

Nebraskan, which one were you using?*
tongue.gif

I tell you guys, spell checkers reliably fail when it counts -- for example when writing a resumé.

* You won't be able to edit that one in time!
wink.gif

That program uses IE. Why would I want to use that? I use Firefox with the spellbound extension. Do yourself a favor and download Firefox 2.0 when it comes out, it has a built in spell checker.

That is hilarious!

Spell checkers have their place, mori is just carrying on
smile.gif

I don't like the click and check kind, I'd rather use the always on variety, like spellbound. Mostly stops me from stupid letter selection when I'm not wearing my glasses. I'm a huntin' pecker!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
That is hilarious!

Spell checkers have their place, mori is just carrying on
smile.gif

I don't like the click and check kind, I'd rather use the always on variety, like spellbound. Mostly stops me from stupid letter selection when I'm not wearing my glasses. I'm a huntin' pecker!

Konqueror has a great spell checker that works just like that. Unfortunately I find myself using Firefox more often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back