Spectro Platinum gear oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil
Designed by Spectro in response to complaints from Harley owners about the great but noisy new 6-speed transmission, this full synthetic provides ultimate lubrication protection. Formulated to significantly reduce gear noise and provide easier, smoother shifting, this SAE 75w140 formulation eases shifting even when cold. High loads and extreme heat do not affect the oil, so it performs well when pushed hard and long. A.P.I. GL-5 "

It's ok but probably overpriced....I want to know how you "design" an oil for a 6 speed transmission?
smirk2.gif
So, it's a GL5 75w140. What if you have a 4 speed or a 5 speed?
crazy2.gif

I use Redline Shockproof Heavy which is rated at 75w250. It cuts some of the noise in my 6 speed but not all. Some HD forum reports say it is good but about the same as Mobil1 75w140.

Last edited:
I'm currently running the Redline Shockproof heavy as well. I'm happy with it but have read some good comments about the Spectro. I like trying out different oils to see how my bike likes them...

I am using it in my 09 CVO Road Glide. I work’s very well. My bike shifts great and the gear whine is gone. I am using Redline Primary in the (primary).
I am running RL Shockproof in my FLSTS and it works great in that bike. I am sure it would work great in the 6 speed also.
I would have to say it comes down to availability and price.
Now if MolaKule would start making his oils again that is all I would be running in both my bikes. His gear oil and motor was the best I ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back