Spectre Easy Access Oil Change Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried out this kit?

Amazon link

It relocates your oil filter to the top of the engine bay to make changing it out easier. It also looks like it uses a banjo bolt to replace your regular oil pan drain plug and includes a pump to draw oil out when you need to change it.

This looks okay to my newbie eyes but what do you guys think?

I'm considering it for my fiancee's Civic. The oil filter on that car is a pain to get to and it'd be worth the $40 to me to move it somewhere where I wouldn't burn/cut myself multiple times trying to get to it
smile.gif

Looks like you'd be introducing more possible leak points!

I have a Civic too and the oil filter is a PITA, but with the cup style wrench that goes on a 3/8 ratchet, it is easy to get off- and is less than $40

I tell you, I am just not comfortable using rubber hoses and hose clamps. I'd be checking them every single day. Lot of plastic with that system. I'd be weary, or I'd not be buying it.

Where is the filter located? If it is on the back side of the engine on the passenger side like the CR-V, I've found it is easy to change by putting the front end up on jackstands and reaching through the wheel well. (Because of the orientation of the drain bolt, I get more oil out that way, too.) Obviously the Civic will be at least somewhat different, but maybe you could give it a try. Personally, I'm with Jeepster and Schmoe on the leak possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back