Specialty Forumlations vs RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an e-mail from him last Friday (10th June). I've had two orders off him. He shipped a couple of gallons to me on 26th May and it arrived here in England on 6th June - super-fast IMHO. He never sent any confirmation e-mails, but the oil was sent out the day after I ordered it (according to the postmark). I certainly don't think he's in the business of ripping people off. MTL-P is excellent - I put some in my Nissan on Sunday and its certainly improved the cold shifting. More or less cured the 2-3 grind on my Mitsubishi too.

Well thats good to hear. But im not in England, im in the states! So im saying how long does it take to ship fluid? Seriously now.

Vspec,

Send me a PM and identify the customer name on the Paypal order. We'll get it sorted out and trace the package if necessary.

Mola

quote:

Wouldn't you notify the customer if there was to be a delay....

If there is going to be a delay we would notify the customer pronto. Haven't had to do that since we went public Dec. 31st of last year.

Our normal shipping is 5-7 days by Fedex or UPS Ground after the order appears on Paypal. Shipping arrivals have averaged 3-4 days according to our shipper and customer feedback.

Now Paypal may delay the appearance of an order showing up on the "radar screen" if there is a problem with the credit card or funds have not been transferred to the Paypal account, or if Paypal is awaiting funds from the prospective customer.

Normally, we do not open the Yahoo email on the weekends since our staff also takes the weekends off (to work on our/their cars as well). If you need some lube for the next weekend, then please plan ahead. If the customer does need the lube right away, we can and have shipped overnight, at higher shipping costs of course.

Still awaiting a PM from you Vspec and for you to identify yourself so we can determine the status of the order.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Received my fluid, Fedex looked like the played Soccor and Field Hockey with the container, and it had leaked some fluid which sucks.

But whatever, I got it and will be ordering more later on in about 1000 miles after another RX treatment is over with SF in the crankcase with it.

Overall a very satified customer.
cheers.gif

Thanks Vspec,

I think we have it worked out.

The info above was NOT directed at you and was for general info purposes to prospective BITOG customers who may have had the same questions.
smile.gif

offtopic.gif
While buying and selling over the Internet is normally a win-win for both seller and buyer, it does have its quirks.

Opinions?

It ******* ROCKS. Seriously all my problems are gone except for my second gear problem which has gotten a **** load better, I did add auto-rx with this batch to do another cleaning, but whatever.

in 1000 miles im going to order another gallon and drop the current SF and RX and refil with pure SF into a completely clean gearbox.

This **** owns all others i've tried in this car and other cars. Redline, Royal Purple, Stock it all gets blown away by this stuff. 10\10 rating

****, if my Integra Type-R hadn't been jacked I would have thrown some SF in there. I guess the S2000 might get a little treat in the future...

Good review, glad everything worked out.

RP has to be the most over rated over hyped brand in the automotive aftermarket with Swepco being a close second!!! I like RP gear lubes and that is about it! I think you would be hard pressed not to do better with Specialty Formulations!!!

I enjoy the fact that you can ask the formulator (mola) questions and he answers ( within the limits of proprietary constraints).

How many times have you wondered what and why about a lube only to get the guy on the phone reading a marketing script to you ?

Mola get the motor oils out, I have about 5000 customers who are asking about PCMO's from SF lubes.

JohnBrowning, compounding the problems with SpecV owners is that RP does not make an oil that meets our 6-speed's needs. The manual calls for a 75W-85 and the Max Gear is too thick, the Syncromax too thin.
dunno.gif

Vspec, it'd be helpful if you went to some of the Nissan-specific boards and said how good this stuff works. Too many people on those raving about all kinds of fluids in this application, many of them totally inappropriate.
rolleyes.gif

I often feel like one voice being drowned out by multitudes of poke-'n-hope idiots.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

"How many times have you wondered 'what' and 'why' about a lube only to get the guy on the phone reading a marketing script to you?"

lol.gif

Script!?
freak2.gif
I'd take someone reading from a script if it was prepared by knowledgeable chemists and not merely the corporation's legal department.
rolleyes.gif

Half the time, I get the feeling people don't have a script and if you push them, they start making up some crazy stuff.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back