Speaker clip name and source?

JHZR2

Staff member
4B9A1974-E134-412F-8155-28441B62DBEA.jpeg

What are these called, and where can I find them easily? Preferably Napa, autozone, wm, etc. would like to try to install my 6x9 speakers today while I have free time.

There are so many clips, that will be hard to find locally except u pull it. When i have run into that, i just use a nut and bolt with washers, rubber washers on each side for a speaker, locktite the nut. ( 4 rubber washers one on each washer and the mounting frame for vibration)

I did some searches and could not find that one. But this company has clips, problem is they have 122 pages of clips, i tried different search names, no luck.

Yeah, I’m used to the folded over type. I think HD has them. Maybe that’s a good shot for the two in each door that I need.

I do like the rubber washer idea.

It's called a Tinnerman expansion nut. It is used when the back-of-panel is not accessible and when you don't want the screw to come loose or rattle. I have not seen any that look exactly like the one you show, so it is likely a dealer-only fastener.

Well, I used the regular flat type, and in reality, I like them better. Each door had two of the kind I showed in OP, two of the other flat kind. The flat kind I can definitely get more torque on.

All done.

A9A9223F-D8C6-4D98-AC3C-2F222D350FD2.jpeg

Yes. TS-A6960F. I like them for $50 or so.
PO had fit some Sony 5x7 (depth is an issue here), no vapor barrier. Sound is much improved. I’m pleased.
I bought some Pioneer 5X7 Coaxial (4 total) for my sons F150 at Christmas. He has a big screen Kenwood that rocks those new Pioneers. I buy all of my car stereo equipment from Crutchfield.
I have 5X7 Kickers (4 total) in my doors with an Alpine head unit. I have a Kicker 10" sub box behind the seats with an Alpine mono amp (300 watts) pushing that. My truck is a regular cab.
When I get out of my truck it takes a few seconds for me to hear anything. :cool:

For future reference...

They have the best automotive fastener catalog I have seen. They are a wholesaler, so you can't just order five clips off their website, you'd need to order through someone who has an account, but the catalog is a great resource to get the information you need, including OE part numbers.

Yeah I won’t be doing that. I value my hearing too much...
I do too, and I still have great hearing. I think I over exaggerated about my hearing when I get out of my truck. I mean, I do like my metal loud but not as loud as I listened to it when I was younger.
BTW, have you ever been near/heard an M1 Abrams tank when it fires? Been there. done that, A LOT!

I do too, and I still have great hearing. I think I over exaggerated about my hearing when I get out of my truck. I mean, I do like my metal loud but not as loud as I listened to it when I was younger.
BTW, have you ever been near/heard an M1 Abrams tank when it fires? Been there. done that, A LOT!
I’m more of a 5”/62 guy myself... but hoping for a rail gun someday...

Back