Speak to me of V8 4Runners 2005-2009 VVTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering buying a V8 toyota / lexus of some sort, most likely a 4Runner Limited with the 2UZ VVTI engine that comes in i believe 2005-2009 models. Also considering a lexus GS 400 / 430. It will be a spare vehicle for fun and daily driven whenever my TDI is broken. I want to stick to a J vin Japan built toyota.

Who has one, especially with over 200k miles? Thanks!

The Toyota 4.7L V8/5-speed is as bullet proof as there is. I have an 03 4Runner and it's been absolutely trouble free for 135K miles so far.

Some friends and I have a hobby gold mine and we use that same combination from a Toyota pickup to run a ball mill. The engine gets run on weekends for up to 10 hours at a time at full throttle and full load. We use the cab and removed the bed and hooked up the drive shaft to the mill. The stock cruise control is used to keep the mill running at a constant speed. We've use 2 different engine oils, RLI 10w-30 and Red Line 10w-30. The odometer reading is over 200K and there are zero problems. Oh, by the way we converted it to CNG and I think that helps the engine last longer.

Bad fuel mileage, excellent everything else.

If you're in that price range, the gx and lx can be had if you hunt.

Got one locally with lowish miles on it, negotiated 16k otd two weekends ago, gotta keep my tongue sharp.

Just plotting on the day I make a purchase for the wife and then get mine... problem is she loves her car.

Good to know. I'm going to look for a newer one with tons of miles for cheap and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back