Spark V Tractor Trailer

Tragic. I couldn't tell what kid of car that was until I see it was a spark. What the hell were these kids thinking, talk about bad decisions from the get go.

Sad. Young drivers don't realize the danger and in some cases don't realize they are not invincible. Sounded like they did a u-turn in front of the oncoming truck.

Sad situation. Young drivers do some stupid moves on the roads - I did too when I was 16. Surpised I didn't have some major crash. IMO, 16 years old is too young to be driving around with a car load of people. Many states have driving laws that prohibit that action.

I did really dumb things at 16, 17.... I was very lucky.
I pray their end on this planet was quick and painless. I can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

When I was that age I did not posses the proper respect for speed and quick moves. I have no idea how I've never injured myself or other with the way I drove. I am so lucky its amazing to me.

Awful.

That situation, there was so much that was preventable there. Seatbelts, not having 6 people in a car that seats 4. Young drivers can make stupid decisions which is why there are limits imposed on them in many places. So tragic.

Why did they have to mention that the guy made a post about Ukraine? What does that have to do with anything?
Journalism has gone into the dumpster and is filled with spelling errors, no descriptions of suspects, politics and anonymous sources.

Those Chevy Sparks are go cart level small. Better off spending the same money on an older and larger vehicle.

There but for the Grace of God and some fortunate luck go I and many of us I suspect. Teenage drivers do reckless things and live, most of the time.

Sad, tragic for the families and I can't imagine the grief that truck driver must feel. Doesn't appear to be his fault at all, but he will carry a burden, nonetheless.

Make sure your teenagers see this and learn, maybe some good can come out of this.

Those Chevy Sparks are go cart level small. Better off spending the same money on an older and larger vehicle.
Would it have mattered? the other vehicle was literally an 18 wheeler—short of a real tank they would have lost. only to have that negated if they elected to not wear seatbelts.

Tragic regardless.

Very unfortunate, but inexperienced and distracted drivers have a greater chance at making a mistake.

I discussed with my adult daughter if she should have a conversation (show this news article) with my two teenage grand daughters that are driving now. Teen life is all about learning, exploring, making mistakes. Having just turned 66, I notice that I have to concentrate more while driving, almost like the tail end of our life reverses course to mimic the beginning. I don't look forward to maybe having someone change my diapers again.

That intersection design seems somewhat odd.

RIP and prayers for these lost young girls, their families, and friends.

Last edited:
A set of poor choices and lack of training culminated into a extremely deadly and sad accident. That spark got completely pulverized and with how it happened at the intersection, I bet the closing speed was at least 55mph on that road.

So sad. There really should be graduated driving license for young drivers - only 1 or 2 passengers allowed with a young driver until age 18 for example. Roads are much faster and much busier now than when I was a kid.

Tragic. I couldn't tell what kid of car that was until I see it was a spark. What the hell were these kids thinking, talk about bad decisions from the get go.

You answered the question. Kids bad descision. We all made them, unfortunately the driver made the ultimate bad descision. I see the result of bad descions every day, including my own bad descision that cost me an arm. I feel sorry for the families and the truck driver that remember the death of those girls the rest of his life.

Back