Spark plug question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I have a 2001 Acura CL 3.2 which has 113k on it. The previous owner didn't told me about the plugs around a month ago. I've got any issue so far but I would like to know whether the plugs are good or not. Here is the picture. Can you guys tell me about this plug?

IMG_3290.jpg

Thanks.

It looks good.. no antiseize on the threads tho.. I'd just spend a few dollars and replace all the plugs so you now know what the status will be.

I agree, that plugs looks fine. But as suggested above, might as well replace them while you have them out. And put some antiseize on the threads. Also put a little dielectric grease in the boots to help with corrosion & moisture.

Those lower threads look like they were nearly about to seize. In addition to the dialectric grease already suggested, I would use antiseize compound on the threads of your new plugs. Otherwise the plugs look clean with normal erosion on the center electroad.FWIW

Those look like iridium plugs. Go ahead and change them then you will know what you got there as far as plugs and how old they are. Doesn't cost much.

I couldn't find any deals. The pep boys shows me $9.99 each for OE style. That will be almost $70 including tax. But thanks guys.

The plugs are likely to be original. I would spend $70 and replace all of them. There's no need to use anti-seize-- NGK actually recommends against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back