spam mpg improver...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister would. She once asked my advice about a similar product where she was seriously considering to become a distributor for a similar product. She's now hawking jewelry through an Amway-type pyramid scheme.

My sister's a real character... bossy and a know-it-all. She once called herself an "idea-person", and that everyone else is bound to follow her orders. Please pity me.

Made from the finest materials on earth
grin.gif

What do our customers have to say:

I got an average of 9 miles to the gallon on super unleaded gas. I now get 15 miles per gallon

I love those "fly by nighters". You go to the Contact Us page and there is a P.O. Box and an email. Reminds me of that guy who was around here a while ago, it was supposed to be patented but he never came up with the patent number.
Thieves !! Cuff 'em and stuff 'em !!
P.B.

Hey, at least Cutco knives will cut hamburger. This gassaver thing will actually lower your mileage, since it does nothing and increases your vehicle's payload.

Wow. They actually give a real name of a real guy who uses it:
---
"I commute 43 miles per day in stop and go traffic; needless to say, I spend a fair amount of time and money on my transportation. I drive a higly modified 2002 Ford Lightning pickup. I'm always a skeptic when it comes to my vehicle, so when I was approached about your product, I never imagined that the results would be so great. Before your product I got an average of 9 miles to the gallon on super unleaded gas. I now get 15 miles per gallon. This month alone I will save $62.00 plus the additional expense of the super unleaded gas. Needless to say I'm a fan for life."

Zachery A. Melendez
Owner, Gold's Gym Roswell
----

I wonder if we should nominate someone to "write an article for an important automotive consumer guide website" and then have that journalist locate Mr. Melendez and try to get him to go on record regarding the product?

Has everyone forgotton the magnetic round disc that you stick on the fuel tank to get 20-40% improvement in gas mileage? How soon we all forget the great inventions that come our way. The auto manufactureres are just not smart enough to figure out these fuel saving ideas. They just don't have enough engineers and research people. The manufacturers are paid off by the oil companies to keep these devices off their cars and trucks. You can read all about it on the Internet. These guys in North Carolina at Gas Saver USA have just upstaged all those big corporations. And look at the price. $70 for the 4-cylinder model. These guys might just get a SEMA product of the year award, and North Carolina can be proud to have them doing business in their state. And one final comment. Rather than buy this gadget for $70, why don't you just have your wife *itch-slap you for free and put the $70 in your gas tank.

quote:

Hey, at least Cutco knives will cut hamburger. This gassaver thing will actually lower your mileage, since it does nothing and increases your vehicle's payload.

No so ..if you pay with cash. It lightens your wallet enough to compensate.

quote:

Yes, these fools exist... and there's nothing anybody can do about it. Here's one I've had the pleasure of speaking with: Turbonator

Sucker born every day.

We are feeling the impact of higher fuel prices so it is natural that people will flock to any claim of higher MPG. Just sad how many people get trapped into stuff like this. Saved money with this new device? heh, yeah right!
lol.gif

Well Tom Jones, I guess you have never owned any Cutco knoives then, We have had a Cutco bread knife in the family since before I was born, and it still will cut anything in the kitchen you want it to, and it has never been sharpened. About 10 years ago we liked it so much mother gave us one for my house. Of course it is a serated edge, but don't knock Cutco, they happen to be very good quality and do work. Mom's good fabric scissors I believe are also Cutco and they have lasted the same period of time, with maybe sharpening once.

My grandma bought a cutco set 30-40 years ago. 2 years ago they came to her house. They replaced, yes replaced all her dull knives with new ones. Gave her a new knife block and steak knife set for free.

Not bad if you ask me.

The ad doesn't even say exactly what the device does or how it does it. All it says, under "read more", is that the device "conditions the fuel". Anyone who'd buy something merely because of a claim of higher mpg is a prime example of the old phrase that "A fool and his money are easily parted".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back