Spam calls to be reduced starting June 30, 2022

All you have to do is replace your TN (telephone number) in the from field with whatever TN you want to display on the far end, it's called spoofing. Spoofing is not illegal, unless you are doing something illegal, then it's illegal (did you follow that :) )

Yes I did sir! I'm with ya :)

Tip: If you get a call where the first 6 numbers are the same as yours.. Area code and then the regional prefix.. it is usually always a scam? 😃

I've noticed a reduced number. But they do still come.

They get my voicemail, so the computer doesn't know any better.

I never get spam calls or scammers because I do not give my number out to any business, hospital or entity. Only a select few have my number. They all say they keep your information private but do not believe them.
I had some sausage fingered lady incorrectly enter my number as hers since our numbers are very similar and I have been receiving many mortgage related calls and requests to buy / inspect her home. I figured out through reverse searching her name when provided by one of the companies that called. Pretty annoying, I think I will just approve an inspection and have people come by to purchase her home lol.

When it comes to working with car dealers or a someone I will do business with, and would potentially annoy me, I just give them a Google voice number and set it to do not disturb. You get an email every time they leave a message.
Tip: If you get a call where the first 6 numbers are the same as yours.. Area code and then the regional prefix.. it is usually always a scam? 😃
This is called neighbor spoofing, some phones and carriers have the option to block all numbers in your region / neighborhood, (123) XXX-7890 The spammers will even try to dial a number similar to your region code so instead of (XXX) 123-XXXX they will dial (XXX) 124-XXXX, you can block those exchanges as well.

I had some sausage fingered lady incorrectly enter my number as hers since our numbers are very similar and I have been receiving many mortgage related calls and requests to buy / inspect her home. I figured out through reverse searching her name when provided by one of the companies that called. Pretty annoying, I think I will just approve an inspection and have people come by to purchase her home lol.

When it comes to working with car dealers or a someone I will do business with, and would potentially annoy me, I just give them a Google voice number and set it to do not disturb. You get an email every time they leave a message.

This is called neighbor spoofing, some phones and carriers have the option to block all numbers in your region / neighborhood, (123) XXX-7890 The spammers will even try to dial a number similar to your region code so instead of (XXX) 123-XXXX they will dial (XXX) 124-XXXX, you can block those exchanges as well.

After I let a call go to voicemail, I Google the number for some idea of legitimacy. Then it gets blocked. I have one, maybe two bill collectors after me that use the same tactics. They just have to wait, and I'll call them. The whole "process" is getting them to offer half or 35%, then pay in funds not directly linked to a bank account they can screw up. That simple.

If I'm not expecting a call, I don't pick up the phone. And it never fails.. you put your number on a job app, they pull up some kind of database, here comes shady debt collector calling from a number from "another state" and won't leave a voicemail. Oh sure, I'll just pay them with my ACTUAL main account card right now! Riiiiight. Come one, come all...

Back