Spacex explodes on landing....again

Still amazing that it can come back to the same spot it lifted off from. I’m confident they’ll work this problem out soon.
If we’re being technical it exploded after landing not on landing. And the landing pad is in a different spot than the launch pad but not that far away.
Regardless I waited all day for it. Good show!

Still amazing that it can come back to the same spot it lifted off from. I’m confident they’ll work this problem out soon.
Elon should develop some solid-propellant boosters & a main spacecraft with a cargo hold & a vertical stabilizer & delta-like wings.
Maybe have Morton Thiokol develop the boosters too. Develop some really fancy polymers for the O-rings in the booster so you can launch
even during freezing temps..... hey this is sounding oddly familiar. : )

Really, really cool. They'll get the kinks worked out, no doubt. I do love what Musk/SpaceX are doing.

Elon should develop some solid-propellant boosters & a main spacecraft with a cargo hold & a vertical stabilizer & delta-like wings.
Maybe have Morton Thiokol develop the boosters too. Develop some really fancy polymers for the O-rings in the booster so you can launch
even during freezing temps..... hey this is sounding oddly familiar. : )
The reason why SpaceX doesn't use solid propellant boosters is they can't turn on and off the booster as needed, like they can with RP-1. Once the solid propellant is lit... it has to burn until the it's burned through.

They'll figure it out eventually.

Hmm, I wonder what often happened with rockets during the early days of the programs to put a man on the moon? I guess all those rockets performed flawlessly leading up to the actual manned flights.

Completely agree.

Old story the guy in charge of the original Mercury program said he lost track of how many rockets they blew up, and he said -"and Im pretty good at counting".

Its insanely difficult to land rockets. NO government on the planet can do it, but our private industry can.

Their cars don't pollute (well maybe making them and the batteries does,) so they are substituting by blowing up tons of fuel in theses instead...

While becoming the largest satellite operator in the world.

I believe Elon agrees with you.

He's whack...
“Everyone knew it was impossible, until a fool who didn’t know came along and did it.” A. Einstein
I like the guy. Lol

He believes in climate change and is building ships to leave earth.. not flying in a private jet or buying ocean front houses and leaving huge carbon footprints.

Not being political. Just stating he puts his money where his mouth is.

I believe Elon agrees with you.

He's whack...
“Everyone knew it was impossible, until a fool who didn’t know came along and did it.” A. Einstein
Not IMPOSSIBLE but very high risk and very low reward.

There's a very high chance that he would have failed. He said that once when the rocket exploded. He got lucky when the political climate (someone wants to bust the rocket launch cartel, China has an ambition to get to the moon yet we are in a rocket launch corruption) and interest rate / tech boom happened at the right time.

Still, I'm happy we have him despite me not investing my money in his companies. We need people like him to move our society forward.

Not IMPOSSIBLE but very high risk and very low reward.

There's a very high chance that he would have failed. He said that once when the rocket exploded. He got lucky when the political climate (someone wants to bust the rocket launch cartel, China has an ambition to get to the moon yet we are in a rocket launch corruption) and interest rate / tech boom happened at the right time.

Still, I'm happy we have him despite me not investing my money in his companies. We need people like him to move our society forward.
We are no where near where we should be in terms of space travel IMO. They did much more with much much less in the 60’s.

The shuttle program being stopped in 2012 certainly didn’t help, but we should have been further at the same time IMO.

Back