SP Warren distribution 5w30 full synthetic

This is the same as Kirkland, super tech, Mag1 or Federated Auto parts oil. It is SP and was poured from a single quart.
C16450C2-C033-430B-9904-1E8C43CB9E69.png
3AE0B345-8AEC-4F92-85B8-7F6062CC15CA.png

Honestly the 11.69 is quite likely fine and accurate. A number of oils are around that number. The HTHS would be a good number to really have.

The phos is a bit higher than it should be. But nothing super duper crazy either. Though it is likely above normal for a API SP oil.

This is definitely a good oil to run. I have the Federated Auto parts full synthetic oil in my car right now.

The 11.69 viscosity looked fishy to me. Warren tends to fluctuate heavily in my experience. No two batches are the same.
I wonder if they shop best price on base oils then blend it to meet the specs?

Is it safe to assume that this oil is made by the same people that make MAG1 synthetic diesel oil? If so, this VOA zinc levels are significantly lower than the 5W40 oil.

Is it safe to assume that this oil is made by the same people that make MAG1 synthetic diesel oil? If so, this VOA zinc levels are significantly lower than the 5W40 oil.
Yes, Mag1 is another brand of this same blending company.

This is a gasoline engine oil analysis I believe so it doesn't have the same DI package nor the same base oil mix as does a Diesel engine oil.

Last edited:
Back