Southwest Airlines withholding return of alcohol service after passenger knocks out two teeth of a flight attendant

The perp was just charged with two felonies.
A Sacramento County woman accused of punching a flight attendant on a Southwest Airlines flight from Sacramento to San Diego earlier this year has been charged in federal court with assault.​
Vyvianna Quinonez of Antelope was charged with one count of assault resulting in serious bodily injury and another of interfering with a flight crew, both felonies. The charges were filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.​

Stationary in a seat for hours, as you would be when knocked out with that cocktail, is a recipe for a DVT.

We have had people die, in flight, from DVT. It’s a health risk to be taken seriously.

Nah, I don’t do that. I just stick to alcohol. But, I heard from those doing a lot of red eye that that is ultimate combo.
Years ago I was on a red eye flight from Chicago O'hare to San Francisco I was the only one in the plane other than the crew. The Flight attendant was ,,, very attractive . She we chatted a bit and when it came time for snacks she sat on the arm of my chair and fed me the snacks . I enjoyed myself.

Stationary in a seat for hours, as you would be when knocked out with that cocktail, is a recipe for a DVT.

We have had people die, in flight, from DVT. It’s a health risk to be taken seriously.
Dyeing in your sleep seems to be one the best way to go. At 68 years old I am starting to think about it.

Not to take this thread off topic too far, but every year, several passengers die from DVT.

Blood clots form in the vein of a calf muscle. When that clot breaks up, it goes through the heart…

If you’re unlucky, the clot stops your heart. You’re dead in that instant.

But, if you’re lucky, the clot goes through your heart and you end up with blood clots in your lungs (pulmonary embolisms) which can also kill you.

Best case with a DVT is that you stand a very good chance of dying.

If you’re sitting in a seat, you need to get up and walk every couple hours. Walking contracts your calf muscles and moves the blood through them, reducing your chances of a DVT.

Sitting in a seat, zonked out on a long flight, carries significant risk.

I have three kidneys. Restroom is my second home. On red eye if I drink bit more alcohol, which is fallowed with water to stay hydrated, I am in lavatory every 30min.

My company considers compression socks as PPE - so I can expense real (based on measurements) professional grade versions. I hand wash them and line dry because they are expensive and the fit matters.
Yes, I’m having a couple glasses of wine with dinner … and the vast majority can do this responsibility

As for the idiots … they probably drink and drive too … I don’t …

I have nearly a dozen pairs of compression socks. I consider them essential and yes, gentle wash, line dry, too. They ain’t cheap.

Reactions: 4WD
Having to use the bathroom every 30 mins would be awful. I had 2 beers about 1.5-2 hrs before our flight to Florida for our honeymoon. Somehow got lucky and didn’t have to go. 😶

Not to take this thread off topic too far, but every year, several passengers die from DVT.

Blood clots form in the vein of a calf muscle. When that clot breaks up, it goes through the heart…

If you’re unlucky, the clot stops your heart. You’re dead in that instant.

But, if you’re lucky, the clot goes through your heart and you end up with blood clots in your lungs (pulmonary embolisms) which can also kill you.

Best case with a DVT is that you stand a very good chance of dying.

If you’re sitting in a seat, you need to get up and walk every couple hours. Walking contracts your calf muscles and moves the blood through them, reducing your chances of a DVT.

Sitting in a seat, zonked out on a long flight, carries significant

I hope I won't dye my pants when I die.
Auto correct ,,,I just do not care.

Back