Southwest airlines is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel compelled to say that flying Southwest Airlines was a great choice. I have flown Continental, American, United, and Delta, and the people at southwest were without a doubt the most friendly and helpful. They were very efficient, (the plane from MCO to ALB pulled to the gate, and the time between when we pushed back was 20 minutes. A fully loaded flight, too. Outstanding. The pilots were very good, they talked quite a bit too, made a few good jokes, while still remaining professional. They also did a great job on the landing, it was a very difficult approach due to weather conditions (high winds, and lots of turbulence). The equipment seemed in good shape, but the employees were the best I have ever experienced. 2 big thumbs up for Southwest.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

That's good to hear. I've flown SW before and they were courteous and on time. I just never cared for the "cattle herd" method of boarding where you have no assigned seats. But - on the positive side is sure makes it more effecient!

In our aviation administration class, Southwest is always used as the model of how to run a great airline. They make sure that each and every employee likes waking up and going to work each day. The CEO has also been known to randomly visit baggage handlers and desk clerks and shake their hands and tell them what a great job they're doing.

Oh I haven't told you more awesome stuf. On the flight down, we left Albany at exactly 8:10. Our arrival time was supposed to be 11:10. We arrived in Orlando at 10:20. Nearly a full hour ahead of schedule. On the flight home, we were at the gate a full 20 minutes ahead of schedule. AWESOME.

Southwest is also the reason why airline service on the remaining legacy carriers has deteriorated to something truly awful. The downward pressure they put on prices as the first successful LCC has had a devastating effect on the hundreds of thousands of employees of the other airlines. Southwest is also the reason for the breakdown in passenger decorum - with the cheap fares they forced through the market, flying became no different from driving, so you'll find yourself rubbing elbows with the ripped jeans crowd every time you fly.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Southwest is also the reason for the breakdown in passenger decorum - with the cheap fares they forced through the market, flying became no different from driving, so you'll find yourself rubbing elbows with the ripped jeans crowd every time you fly.

So people with lower incomes are necessarily rude?

I haven't flown with any airline except Southwest for 8 years now. I also have come across the crowds of rude passengers or the ripped jeans crowd. I want a low fare to get from point A to point be as cheaply as possible and yet safely. Southwest provides that, with American planes and American labor.

Southwest is also the reason why airline service on the remaining legacy carriers has deteriorated to something truly awful. The downward pressure they put on prices as the first successful LCC has had a devastating effect on the hundreds of thousands of employees of the other airlines. Southwest is also the reason for the breakdown in passenger decorum - with the cheap fares they forced through the market, flying became no different from driving, so you'll find yourself rubbing elbows with the ripped jeans crowd every time you fly.

Your funny!
lol.gif

Let me get this straight?

Southwest can provide BETTER service with more upbeat employees at a LOWER cost to the Customer is a bad thing?

Your funny!
crackmeup2.gif

So tell us what Airline you work for in KY? Could it be Delta? Com-air? Or who do you know who is ticked off that they may have to work harder for the same or less pay to keep up with a company providing value?
whistle.gif

If they're happy while doing their job, one of two things is assured. They're either paid too much or the job is too easy.

Isn't that a rule?
54.gif

56.gif

I've flown SW almost exclusively for years. I really like the way they load as I can always get the seat I want (back row, left side, isle seat), which is the best seat in the house. SW has delays just like everyone else can, but I always feel like they are doing everything they can to get the show on the road and they do it with a smile on their face. Generally though, they are on time and that's really what keeps me coming back again and again.

Wayne

i was on a SW flight to burbank where the flight attendants sang zipidy-do-dah and adlibbed SW into it instead of disneyland.

There was another to vega$ where the flight attendants were giving away free beer to whoever could come up with the oldest coins.

I normally ride on Alaska Air. Never been on Southwest, sounds like a great company though. I took an intro to business class about 9 years ago and they were featured in the class book a lot as a model company.

"I also have come across the crowds of rude passengers or the ripped jeans crowd."

Oops, that is I have NOT come across the crowds of rude passengers or the ripped jeans crowd. People have been quite nice, pleasant to visit with both before and during the flight.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Your funny!
lol.gif

Let me get this straight?

Southwest can provide BETTER service with more upbeat employees at a LOWER cost to the Customer is a bad thing?

Your funny!
crackmeup2.gif

So tell us what Airline you work for in KY? Could it be Delta? Com-air? Or who do you know who is ticked off that they may have to work harder for the same or less pay to keep up with a company providing value?
whistle.gif

I have no further comments, your honor.

I have no further comments, your honor.

Thank you. I rest my case...

We have flown WN in the past, and liked it.
Southwest does not serve either of our nearby airports (CVG and DAY), so we don't usually fly them.
However, Southwest is as good as any other domestic airline in their service.
Also, what really counts is what an airline can do to re-route you when things go bad.
While Southwest cannot interline you, they normally have enough flights from any given station to flow you through to where you need to go.
Southest is okay by me!

interesting reading re the Wright Amendment. I have a sister in Dallas but can't fly there cheaply.

linky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back