South Korea fighter jet KF-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
CNN : South Korea rolls out the KF-21, joining elite group of global supersonic fighter jet makers.

That's cute. It's a baby F22. I see a little F18 in it slightly too. Yep, there we go:

The next-generation aircraft developed by Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd (KAI) is designed to be a cheaper, less-stealthy alternative to the U.S.-built F-35, on which South Korea relies.

Last edited:
That's cute. It's a baby F35. I see a little F18 in it slightly too. Yep, there we go:
I contribute to the f35 program and let me tell you. Lockheed specs are not to be messed with, they can come take your shop over if they don't think you can make quality parts on your own.

Nice looking plane. I have no doubt that the South Koreans will produce a fine fighter.
CNN either purposely left something out or didn’t do their homework. They stated that only the United States and China were the only two countries to produce and field 5th Generation fighters. Excuse me but, what about the Russian SU-57?

Nice looking plane. I have no doubt that the South Koreans will produce a fine fighter.
CNN either purposely left something out or didn’t do their homework. They stated that only the United States and China were the only two countries to produce and field 5th Generation fighters. Excuse me but, what about the Russian SU-57?

Yep, although reading the SU57 wiki, it hasn’t actually been deployed in full service. Only in trials still. Maybe that’s why?

They have already flown combat missions over Syria.
According to the Wiki page, no. They were doing trials unless I’m misreading the page. While they have flown missions, they were for training and trials to test the planes. Slight and subtle differences if true.

They have already flown combat missions over Syria.
Russians are unapologetic when it comes to marketing (something like Liqui Moly :)). If they have successful combat trials, they will make sure everyone knows that. I would not be surprised they are fine tunning their combat performance before announcing it to the rest of the world.
Their combat performance in Syria so far, using older weapons systems so far is a worrisome surprise. They got a lot of things in order compared to performance in South Ossetia in 2008.

Honestly, I can understand the use of dumb bombs. What is the point in using a hellfire or similar missile to take out a $15k pick-up truck?

Also their sortie rates seem to be high and accident rates low. It's not like they have a lot of planes at hmeimim either

Honestly, I can understand the use of dumb bombs. What is the point in using a hellfire or similar missile to take out a $15k pick-up truck?

Also their sortie rates seem to be high and accident rates low. It's not like they have a lot of planes at hmeimim either
Actually, they are equipping their bombs with GPS devices. Also, runs with "dumb" bombs seem GPS calculated. And effectiveness rates are very high.
The reason why they can do that is that collateral damage for Russians is not even an afterthought. If it did not work and killed a bunch of civilians (which they did anyway) they would not care one bit.
Western militaries would never test weapons systems like that.
And point fo using smart weapons is not to kill a bunch of people around that pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back