South Jordan, UT cat stowaway in a Tesla, located with air tag

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A South Jordan, UT car became a stowaway in a Tesla, an apple airtag helped in the cat's recovery. The Tesla needed a visit to a mechanic to assist with getting the car from the Tesla. I didn't know Tesla's got hot enough to attract a cat- learning new things daily .
KSL.com: South Jordan cat ends up 15 miles from home after sleeping in car engine.

I drive hybrid and electric busses, they have liquid cooling systems for the batteries and the electrical system. Yes they get warm, even with the liquid cooling the drivetrain gets up to 45-50C, batteries stay about 10 degrees cooler (they have to I guess).

Now, a tesla driven in traffic in a normal fashion won't be getting very warm at all, afterall the tesla weighs a fraction of what a bus weighs. But it might just feel desireable to an animal. And cats like small spaces on top of that

They took the car to a local mechanic who dismantled part of the front to get the kitty out. They didn't charge the cat owner for this service. The cat owner bought a meal of pizza for the garage the next day.

Back