Sous Vide Tri tip and pork

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends needed a few people over to try his latest sous vide experiment. I might get the whole setup for myself. It was a USDA Prime tri tip and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. They were in the water for 6 hours at 135F and then put them on the BBQ for a few minutes for color. Also made garlic bread, Mexican rice and beans. It was one of the best tri tips I have ever had.

I am not a "foodie" by any means but this was really good. Looking on Amazon everything is pretty affordable. What is nice is you can leave the meat in for as long as you want and it will not cook more than the temp you have it set at.

Sous Vide really captures all the flavor so the quality of the meat is of utmost importance. I've done it with a grass fed ribeye and like you, I thought the flavor was delectable. I've done regular old chicken and was disappointed..the dog liked it.

I do my steaks this way and then give them a char on the grill. Turn out really nice.

My friend said it tastes absolutely fine without putting it on the grill, just does it for aesthetic reasons. I just ordered the setup off of Amazon. What is cool about the cooker I got it is I can control it from my cell phone. Probably will never use it but it is a cool feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back