Sound deadening a truck - best area to begin for noise reduction?

I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 4 door.

I don't have a lot of time to do all of the interior at one time. I want to begin section by section.

In terms of noise reduction, which area would you recommend I start with that might have the most noticeable improvement? Floor, door panels, etc.?

Also, do you have a favorite brand of deadening material you would recommend?

Thank you,
Ed

This is what i used a few years ago and it has worked great. I dont know why its so pricy right now. Noico 80 mil (2 mm) 36 sqft (3.4 sqm) car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://a.co/d/fsW94ch

You can start with the doors as they're usually the easiest. After that, you will want to tackle the cabin in one go with the seats and carpet removed but the floor and wheel arch areas is what you'll want to hit next.

If you want to actually sound deaden a vehicle, you'll need MLV. CLD tiles (butyl tiles) will help with vibrations (it'll help your sound system to a point) and CCF (cold cell foam) will help separate the CLD from the MLV layer but neither will the CLD and CCF reduce sound - that is the job of the MLV. Without the MLV, you're still letting in the same amount of road noise. I did everything in my Focus and CX5 minus the roof and MLV - road noise hasn't changed but the CLD tiles helped the sound reproduction quite a bit.

Last edited:
Back