Soul stirring sound

Recent posts featuring the bygone V10 F1 cars screaming past the cameras were a great reminder of how awe inspiring those cars sounded.
I humbly submit this video of a CBX 1000 screaming past the cameras. Not V10 F1, but still an impressive sound. I rode a CBX for six years in the 80's, this video makes me want to own one again.

Always loved that motorcycle!
I would love to have another CBX in mint low mileage condition. But they've become quite pricey now.
I sold mine after I got married, and put the money towards our first camper. Oh well, camping was good times for our family.

Recent posts featuring the bygone V10 F1 cars screaming past the cameras were a great reminder of how awe inspiring those cars sounded.
I humbly submit this video of a CBX 1000 screaming past the cameras. Not V10 F1, but still an impressive sound. I rode a CBX for six years in the 80's, this video makes me want to own one again.

The widow maker was the bike that cause Germany to put a 100hp on bikes that lasted almost a decade. The bike had the engine but horrible handling, suspension and brakes. The old Vincent bikes suffered the same issues.

The widow maker was the bike that cause Germany to put a 100hp on bikes that lasted almost a decade. The bike had the engine but horrible handling, suspension and brakes. The old Vincent bikes suffered the same issues.
I didn't know that bit of history, interesting. I did what I could for the handling; fork brace, bronze swing arm bushings, aftermarket shocks, braided brake lines, and I ran Continental tires. I test rode a new-at-the-time Honda Hurricane while waiting for the shop to complete a tune-up on the CBX, and yes, it made the CBX look geriatric.

I knew a guy who grew up over the fence from Silverstone in the '60's - he said the Honda Six was the best sound he's ever heard, nothing could compare.

When the CBX came out I was at a race meeting where someone took one out in a race...and he had a ding dong battle with an Egli Vincent, with the Vincent finally getting the upper hand. Technology decades apart...but the Egli Vincent was a race bike, tyres etc.

I didn't know that bit of history, interesting. I did what I could for the handling; fork brace, bronze swing arm bushings, aftermarket shocks, braided brake lines, and I ran Continental tires. I test rode a new-at-the-time Honda Hurricane while waiting for the shop to complete a tune-up on the CBX, and yes, it made the CBX look geriatric.
I had the 83 VF1100C that had all the same ailments, even when limited to 100 HP it was a dangerous handling bike at high speeds. After that I bought my first CBR 1000, then a Fireblade 900 then the 1100XX, the XX was the fastest but the Fireblade was a very nimble and fast little beast.

My Kawasaki H1 500cc 3cyl 2 stroke WAILED like a banshe! Same # of power strokes / revolution as a Honda 6 cyl…
And a contrail of blue smoke following behind!

Back