Sort of hidden $60 rebate from Michelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go with Michelin's,call Michelin and ask for the $60 rebate certificate.
1-866-866-6605
Discount Tire has a $70 rebate promo but Tire Rack and others don't offer the rebate.
You have to call Michelin for it.
I just did and a certificate is mailed to be filled out and sent back with tire bill.

Wonder if you can just stack the rebates. Use the rebate at TireRack, then fill out a form for the $60 rebate. Michelin's are WAY expensive :|

It sucks tires are so expensive right now, and I actually need 4 of them
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Anies
Wonder if you can just stack the rebates. Use the rebate at TireRack, then fill out a form for the $60 rebate. Michelin's are WAY expensive :|

frown.gif

Tire Rack didn't show any rebate on the tires I bought.

Originally Posted By: Anies

frown.gif

Good question, I'll call later today and see if i can stack this on the $70.00 rebate card I just got for the new Exalto's I just put on.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I called them and they said there are no current rebates on Michelins...BF Goodrich has a rebate going on...

Did you call Michelin?
1-866-866-6605
The certificate they mailed me said the $60 rebate offer is good till 10/31/09.

I was left on interminable hold when I telephoned Michelin so I emailed them and got back the following, "Frank, Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. Unfortunately, we have not been advised of a national rebate at this time.
Please check with your local retailers for promotions they may be offering..."

Colt, please post a copy of the rebate form that Michelin sent you.

Originally Posted By: flanso
I was left on interminable hold when I telephoned Michelin so I emailed them and got back the following, "Frank, Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you. Unfortunately, we have not been advised of a national rebate at this time.
Please check with your local retailers for promotions they may be offering..."

Colt, please post a copy of the rebate form that Michelin sent you.

I don't have the mall certificate.I had to fill it out and send it in with my bill.
I just called Michelin (1-866-866-6605),got right on with a rep in 10 seconds and was told there isn't a national promo but the $60 is a "Friends of Michelin" Promo.
Try again and mention Friends of Michelin promo..

I thought I was on interminable hold, but after 13.5 minutes, someone finally answered and said they would be sending me the $60 friend/family of Michelin rebate form. Should get it in 7-10 days. Thanks to the folks here for the helpful advice.

I telephoned again, this time late in the day, and got an agent right away. The term, "Friend of Michelin Promo" rang the bell and he is sending me the form.
Thanks Colt for the lead; you saved me 60 bucks.

Originally Posted By: flanso
I telephoned again, this time late in the day, and got an agent right away. The term, "Friend of Michelin Promo" rang the bell and he is sending me the form.
Thanks Colt for the lead; you saved me 60 bucks.

My pleasure!

Do you have to prove that you already bought the tires for them to send the rebate form?

I am thinking about calling tomorrow to just get the rebate form and see if my mom want's to get Michelins put on her car in about 5k miles or so. Since the expiration is on 10/31 then it would give her time to finish up the current set of BFGs and wait until money is a little less tight. And a $60 rebate would definitely help towards a set of Hydroedges.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Do you have to prove that you already bought the tires for them to send the rebate form?

I am thinking about calling tomorrow to just get the rebate form and see if my mom want's to get Michelins put on her car in about 5k miles or so. Since the expiration is on 10/31 then it would give her time to finish up the current set of BFGs and wait until money is a little less tight. And a $60 rebate would definitely help towards a set of Hydroedges.

You can call and get the rebate certificate before buying the tires.

Another question, do I have to prove to them that I have a friend or family member that works for Michelin in order to get a rebate? I was reading a thread on Slickdeals and some people had a hard time getting it.

Just called and it literally took only two minutes to get a CSR and have him get my info and end the call. No questions asked about knowing anyone who works for Michelin.

Last edited:
Well i called back today and said the magic words and they are sending me two rebates. I just purchased 4 primacy tires and will be purchasing another set in about a week.....Thaks for posting this....that will be about a 120.00 bucks back...by the way they are a great tire....

Okay, I just got around to calling Michelin. They are mailing the rebate form out to me. I mentioned the "Friend of Michelin Promo" and she knew about it right away. I'll send it in and see if I get both the $70.00 & the $60.00 rebates. Thanks to the OP for this info.

OMG..you guys are unbelievable!! I've been googling Michelin rebates and tripped into this forum and guess what? Just got off the phone w/Michelin after being on hold for maybe 3 minutes. Requested the "Friend of Michelin Promo" rebate form and she is mailing me two of them. The only question she asked is how did I hear about the promotion. Colt-thank you SO much for starting this thread and sharing this info. I need a set of Pilot Exaltos and at this point in time, every dime counts!

If you need a set of four...why are you getting two rebates? I was told that they are for a set of four and cannot be doubled....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back