Sony Xperia opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I each had one for about a year and we both really liked it. I'd have no objection at all to get another if that ever came to be. Never had any issues with them at all.

(We had to turn them in to our new carrier as trade-ins after our daughter dropped her phone in the toilet and our previous carrier wouldnt give us any kind of deal to replace it, which was fine with us since we didnt really like that carrier anyway. I did like the phone though.)

Thanks. No other replies, so I guess nobody else has this phone. I misspelled the name as Experia, when it's actually Xperia. I've asked the mods to correct this error for me.

I found other reviews online that criticize the phone for its slow rate of battery-charging, and for its somewhat hard-to-hold design, but are otherwise generally positive.

I don't have many choices available other than to get the Xperia or keep waiting and see if any new phones appear on the market that work properly with hearing aids.

It's almost as though phone makers don't give a hoot about deaf people, which is kind of sad.

I have read about them a bit, but have no first hand experience.
If you're looking at a particular model could you specify which?
I think Xperia is a name for a whole line of smart phones, like Galaxy.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
If you're looking at a particular model could you specify which?
I think Xperia is a name for a whole line of smart phones, like Galaxy.

Yes, I discovered that after reading the online reviews.

My provider had only the one Xperia, and I didn't think to check which one it is. Next time we're at the mall we're going to check.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Does your carrier not offer any of those phones, or is there another level of interoperability at play here?

Everybody knows about that list, which comes up high in Google.

See the "M" and "T" ratings? Those are the compatibility numbers, and they're almost meaningless. In a nutshell, if it's not M4/T4, it's not compatible.

The only two M4/T4 smartphones on that list which my provider carries are the Sony Xperia and the Samsung Galaxy III Mini.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Sony Xperia Z owner/user here and no complaints to report.

What's the battery-charging rate like?

Any trouble holding it?

I use a charging cradle mostly and from a 10-15% charge capacity it will be fully charged within 3 hours.
http://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Charging-...Z+charging+dock
I can hold it just fine, I am 6'2" and my hands are proportionally sized.
In my hand.
DSC00131.JPG

How the low light capability of the camera? One of our friend takes pictures with his Motorola Droid and the quality is unbelievable for a cellphone camera. Since Sony sensors are well known for their low light performance, I am wondering if Xperia does well in that department.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
How the low light capability of the camera? One of our friend takes pictures with his Motorola Droid and the quality is unbelievable for a cellphone camera. Since Sony sensors are well known for their low light performance, I am wondering if Xperia does well in that department.

I wish I could tell you but I really don't use the camera in my phone. Photography is a hobby of mine and I own and use SLR (Sony again) cameras.
1926100_10202603199417849_1784404643_o.jpg

Recently I was out shooting bald eagles and did take this selfie with my phone, hardly low light though.
10658691_964571203572274_6444886198667927314_o.jpg

I checked again, this time more carefully, and it turns out the Xperia -- Z1 or Z3 --- is actually NOT compatible with my hearing aids.

So this entire thread is pointless. Sorry, guys.

I think phone makers and cell providers hate deaf people. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back