Sony HDR-CX240/L

• Video Mode:HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format.compatible; STD: MPEG2-PS; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
I read that.

what threw me a little bit and maybe I just didn't fully wake all the way up this morning because I only got about seven hours sleep but... . I'm wondering if the HD MP4 is a Sony proprietary format of the same or if I'll just be able to record it in MP4 and it'll be ready to go.

I read that.

what threw me a little bit and maybe I just didn't fully wake all the way up this morning because I only got about seven hours sleep but... . I'm wondering if the HD MP4 is a Sony proprietary format of the same or if I'll just be able to record it in MP4 and it'll be ready to go.
H.264 is an industry standard, not Sony proprietary.

H.264 is an industry standard, not Sony proprietary.
So, just to bring it home.. What I am sensing is that the unit will record HD in MP4, and play just like any other MP4. I think is where we are at?

The part that threw me was all the "AVCHD 2.0"

I'm doing... Amateur video, but I wanted to select a camera that could record in HD (not sure about 4K but something for the nice big TV sets that will totally out-do my Nikon L820 that was a camera that shot photo, with a 📷📸 video mode.)

Back