Songs that give you goosebumps.

I am going to submit this as a goosebumps song because, in my opinion, the music is simply... Perfect.

I know, I know. JOSH GROBAN. Well look.. Even if you don't like the guy ?? (My musician friend always used to say he was just "Pretty noise." And I get it. He's like a robot 🤖 okay.) But listen to that FULL ORCHESTRA. How it builds. Same format as U2 "With or without you" and Beyonce's worst song, "If I were a boy.." same basically building format.

It is an understated masterpiece, compacted into a 5 minute thing you hear about once a year, whether you like his vocals or not, and I do. (Singing is easy, most of the time.)

And, as DriveHard said to say why it gives a goosebumps.. they used to play this before the movies 🎥 came on, back when I worked at the theater. So thats another awesome music system I heard in action, for this song...

🎥 🎦 🎬

And of course. The young Bono. Doing that "Lean to the left, throw a bowling ball 🎳 in place with the left hand" dance move.

Listen to the similarly to the song I just submitted.. maybe you hear it maybe you don't but.

"Carried the flag in some other men's name
Loaded my weapon and swore to them vengeance and stepped with aggression right into the fray
Into the haze
Into the murk
Told me to prove to them what I was worth
We'll teach you to move without mercy and give you the tools to go after the causers of hurt
You'll become death
You will take breath
This is for everything you've ever loved
Use all the pain that you've felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you
You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You'll become fear
They'll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us
Give us your empathy we'll give you lust
Let yourself go my son time to grow up
Give up your childish obsession with questioning
Anything we don't tell you is irrelevant
Everything you've ever been is replaced by the metal and fire of the weapon you clutch"

"Carried the flag in some other men's name
Loaded my weapon and swore to them vengeance and stepped with aggression right into the fray
Into the haze
Into the murk
Told me to prove to them what I was worth
We'll teach you to move without mercy and give you the tools to go after the causers of hurt
You'll become death
You will take breath
This is for everything you've ever loved
Use all the pain that you've felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you
You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You'll become fear
They'll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us
Give us your empathy we'll give you lust
Let yourself go my son time to grow up
Give up your childish obsession with questioning
Anything we don't tell you is irrelevant
Everything you've ever been is replaced by the metal and fire of the weapon you clutch"

Kind of reminds me of this one.

Let your Bailalaka (mouth) sing...

We Are equally passionate about music. :)

Do you like song by Keith Urban "Making Memories Of Us?"

Nope...not at all..

In general I'm not a country fan. There are a couple of songs and an artist or two I do enjoy (Charlie Daniels), but they are all hooked to memories.

Nope...not at all..

In general I'm not a country fan. There are a couple of songs and an artist or two I do enjoy (Charlie Daniels), but they are all hooked to memories.

It's the "occasional" twangy song I can listen to, but in general I also switch the station away from Country instantly lol. So similar in "how much" lol

I win ;-)
This song stirs something in me every time.

Yes, you do. Got me. :)

I have to post about the memory on this later but.. here ya go.

And no.. its NOT Moonstruck. Heavens to Betsy no. Although that was cute. And yes Opera can do thst to you

I'm looking for the right one.. but this song, in OST form, is so mysterious.. I love it.

Castlevania SOTN: Lost Painting.

Nope...not at all..

"Beaches of Cheyenne" by Garth Brooks

"Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis. Both perfect little short stories in song.

The Amazing Joe Satriani Playing - Crush Of Love >>>>>>>>>

Oh yeah! What is it about Satch where he can write a simple melody that really moves you? "Why" is another one of those. Not only does Joe shred, he has melody.

Here is one in the same vein, by Ronnie Montrose (RIP)

Last edited:
Back